~32~

January 3rd, 2022

Screams echo throughout the room causing panic to strike through Y/n. Immediately the girl sits up and turns on the light. There they turn over and swiftly wrap their arms around a blood screaming Alycia. Gently they rock the girl back and forth, closing their eyes and humming gently knowing the girl would eventually wake. And when she does Y/n squeezes her tighter, as panic strikes through the scared, heavy breathing, sweating girl.

"Sh, sh, sh. It's okay, it's alright. You're alright," Y/n whispers gently into Alycia's ear beginning to rock them back and forth. Alycia tries evening her breathing, closing her eyes for a second as her hands grip tightly onto Y/n's arms that are wrapped around her. The girl felt safe in Y/n's arms. Something she never really thought was really possible but here they were. "Do you want to talk about it love?"

"It's the s-same thing every night for the past 9 nights..." Alycia's voice trails and Y/n nods, knowing what she was referring too but at the same time has no idea what Marcus and his group put the Australian through. Mainly because they didn't see and Alycia won't tell them, but Y/n understood even if they wanted to help the girl desperately. "He's really..."

"He can't hurt you anymore kitten," Y/n whispers knowing what the girl was wanting to ask. "He's gone. I promise."

"He's gone, gone? Not just locked up. He's-"

"Baby, baby he's not locked up. He's six feet under," Y/n's voice was low, a whisper as they continue rocking the two of them back and forth gently. Alycia gently moves causing Y/n to stop rocking them and remove her arms around the girl gently. There Alycia sits up slightly and turns, locking their eyes. A sad look crosses Y/n's face instantly as they're met with Alycia's tired and sad green eyes.

Slowly, gingerly Y/n reaches up her hand and takes a loose strand of Alycia's hair tucking it behind her ear before cupping the girl's face with both of their hands. Barely, the person rubs their thumbs back and forth on Alycia's bruised cheeks as their eyes flick back and forth between her eyes.

"I love you," Alycia whispers and Y/n's eyes go wide, but their heart races. "I didn't say it back when you pulled the trigger, but I do...I love you."

A smile inches onto Y/n's lips looking back and forth between the girl's eyes before carefully pulling the girl forward and locking their lips. The kiss was soft to the touch, but also passionate.

"Y/n!" Knocks appear at the door causing both Y/n and Alycia to jump apart, but Y/n keeps her hands on the girl's cheeks for a moment longer. "Someone's on the phone for you!"

Y/n nods and looks directly into Alycia's eyes giving the girl a small smile, dropping their hands. "I'll be right back. Try and sleep some more," Y/n whispers. Alycia remains silent as Y/n slides out of the bed, gently placing a kiss on top of Alycia's head. As they go to walk away Alycia reaches up, wrapping her fingers around Y/n's hand, squeezing it. Y/n stops walking and glancing to Alycia, locking their eyes once again. Fear rises in Alycia's green eyes causing Y/n to tilt her head and soften her face.

"Kitten, I promise. I'm going right to the door. Okay? I'll be right back," Y/n whispers squeezing the Australian's hand as Alycia nods and hesitantly let's go. Once she lets go, Y/n walks over to the door and unlocks it, opening it up to find Gunnar standing with a black eye and several cuts on his face. He holds up a phone and Y/n eyes him curiously.

"It's Everlynn," Gunnar spoke low, shrugging. Y/n eyes him curiously before taking a hold of the phone, nodding.

"Eve?" Y/n speaks into the phone, placing it to their ear.

"Y/n thank god!" Everlynn's voice spoke, frightened almost over the phone. "Is it true? Marcus is dead?"

"Yeah, it's true," Y/n said, looking down at the ground.