~29~

December 25th, 2021
{4:24 A.M}

"Yeah, yeah. But she's breathing, she's stable," Y/n spoke into the phone quietly, standing far from Alycia's bed. They stay facing the wall, leaning against it listening to the doctor.

"Her injuries are pretty fatal, serious even. But we managed to stop the bleeding and performed the surgery well. She's going to need a lot of rest," The doctor spoke and Y/n nods slowly.

"Do you know what happened to her?" Y/n asks, already knowing but had to play it off.

A low sigh escapes the doctor's voice. "No. She was outside the E.R. Police are here to question her whenever she's ready to talk."

Y/n nods and bites her lip. "Okay. Okay. I'm going to send my cousin Wren Gilbert. I'm out of town so I can't get there till tomorrow or the next day. Thank you for calling." With that Y/n tears the phone from her ear and shakes her head. Considering all of them disposed of their phone Wren had placed Y/n's number on a piece of paper and slid it into Rae's pocket. Thankfully the nurses or doctors found it.

Another low sigh escapes Y/n as she glances over her shoulder to the bed, finding Alycia still fast asleep. A small smile inches to their face before going back on their phone and dialing a number. As they place it to their ear they wait a moment and another before hearing someone on the other line.

"Hello?" A sleepy boy's voice spoke as a yawn followed. An immediate smile plastered onto Y/n's face.

"Hey Flynn, it's Y/n," Y/n whispered.

"Oh my god! You called! You called!" Flynn spoke excitedly, no lingering tiredness at all from his lips. "Oh my god! Mom! Mom! It's Y/n!" The sound of rustling and a faint woman's voice is heard before Flynn is heard shouting bye to Y/n. A slight, low chuckle escapes Y/n.

"Y/n, is it really you?" A soft gentle, eery voice spoke.

"Yeah it's me Everlynn," Y/n whispers, that gentle smile lingering on their lips.

"Gosh, it's been a while," Everlynn spoke. "Is something wrong?"

"Jeez Eve, can I not just call my sister?" Y/n asks, playfulness in their voice knowing it caused the girl on the other line to roll her eyes.

"Knowing you Y/n, no." Another small chuckle escapes Y/n's lips as they nod.

"Well fair enough, but do tell me. Are you okay? The boys? Your husband, Johnathan?"

"Everyone's good Y/n. Johnathan and I are actually expecting a little girl in May."

"That's amazing to hear Eve." Y/n's smile stays plastered against their lips hearing the good news. They knew Everlynn had been trying and trying to have a child of their own. Sure they had the two boys Flynn and Samuel but those two were adopted. Not saying the two didn't love the children as their own, they did. Even Y/n adored the two but Everlynn wanted a child that shared her own blood.

"Yeah... Why are you really calling Y/n? Is it to do with Kol?"

Y/n's smile slowly fades as they open the door quietly and exit. They get into the hall and gently pull the door shut, standing off to the side, leaning against the hall wall.