~20~

May 3rd, 2022

"So tell me, how do you know the defendant?" Matthew Wesley asks, standing at the desk cupping his hands together.

"Business partner, so to speak," the guy on the stand speaks, sitting up tall, cocking his head to the side.

"Right. And what kind of business partner would that be Mr. Young?" Wesley asks.

"A business we started. Helping young kids off the streets. Taking them in, helping them get in touch with their families or being their family for them," Mr. Young speaks as district attorney Wesley nods, scrunching up his face a moment.

"And when did you two start this business?"

"When we were 18. Well I was 18, Y/n was 15."

"So you two are 3 years apart, correct?"

"Correct."

"Hm-" Wesley pauses reaching up and scratching the back of his neck. "You two are friends then?"

"Yes, we are."

"Hm. So you two are friends. Started this so called business together. Were you aware of the defendant killing and kidnapping people then or were you just on the back burner?"

"Objection your honor!" McCall stands shouting.

"I'll allow it. Mr. Young answer the question," Judge Rollins speak and the witness nods towards the judge before looking back at the prosecutor.

"Y/n would never do such things," Mr. Young responds causing the courtroom to become dead silent however a smirk inches onto Y/n's lips leaning back in their chair. Her eyes stay on the witness, picking at their lips continuing to listen.

"I'm sure you think Y/n wouldn't do such horrible things but-"

"There's no but prosecutor. You asked me a question that I gave you a direct answer to. Y/n wouldn't do those things. They're a good person," Mr. Young speaks cutting the district attorney off causing Wesley to nod and glance to the judge.

"What makes you think Y/n's such a good person? What have they done that makes you say that?" Matthew Wesley asks and Mr. Young shrugs.

"Well for one the business we made helping kids off the street. They also have paid big money to a lot of organizations helping feed the homeless and saving endangered animals. I think just last week they helped an elderly lady across the street," Mr. Young speaks shrugging as the district attorney nods crossing his arms over his chest.

"Okay how about when you first met Alycia? Did you meet Alycia Carey?"

"Yeah sure I did."

"How'd that go? Did she seem scared? Afraid-"

"Objection, leading," Freya calls out as Matthew nods uncrossing his arms.

"How did she seem when you first met Alycia?"

"Normal," Mr. Young responds shrugging causing a low snicker to escape Y/n as she leans up in her seat, putting her fingers over her lips.