~23~

December 22nd, 2021
6:25 A.M

Alycia's eyes flutter open feeling slight movement beside her. A little noise escapes her lips, feeling her throat a bit dry as she turns slightly to see Y/n sitting up in the bed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," Y/n spoke gently, looking down at the Australian.

Alycia shakes her head, rubbing her eyes before pushing herself up and sitting against the bed frame like the girl beside her.

"Why are you awake?" Alycia questions, looking over at the girl to see a book in their hands.

"I don't sleep much," Y/n responded their voice  hushed as they slightly close the book, placing their attention on Alycia. "You should sleep more though. It's only been 5 hours."

"But you're awake." It came out naturally for Alycia, flicking her eyes back and forth between  Y/n's gentle eyes.

"Yes I'm awake, but I have my book. You need sleep. Rest is important." Y/n gently shakes her book upon the air before setting it back down on her thighs looking at the green eyed girl. Alycia shakes her head and bites her bottom lip scooting over towards Y/n before slowly laying her head down on Y/n's chest, wrapping her arm around the girl's stomach. Y/n eyes the girl curiously but can't help the small smile that begins inching onto her lips.

"You need rest too..." Alycia whispers looking straight ahead. "You told me this house was safe. No one can hurt us here. We're safe."

Y/n slowly nods their head feeling their eyes full with hurt as they keep their eyes on the top of Alycia's head. They clench their jaw and blink a couple times before lifting up their right arm and wrap it around Alycia, pulling her closer, placing a gentle kiss upon the top of the girl's head.

"You're safe with me," Y/n whispers not letting go of the girl. "Now sleep, it's 6:30 in the morning. The suns not awake, therefore you shouldn't be awake."

A slight chuckle escapes Alycia's lips as silence draws out between the two. It wasn't an awkward silence though. It was comfortable. Calm. Peaceful. Something neither one of them has felt before either alone or with another person. It felt nice, it felt good for both of them as they laid there together. But it wasn't long before Alycia slightly moved her head to glance up at Y/n, who's already looking down at the girl. Their eyes meet swiftly, Alycia finally noticing the small smile on Y/n's lips.

"Neither one of us should be awake," Alycia whispers, flicking her eyes between Y/n's. A smile rises to the Australian's lips. "Please try and sleep."

"Kitten-"

"Please, for me," Alycia spoke gingerly, cutting the person off. A sigh of defeat escapes Y/n's lips as they nod, taking the book and setting it on the night stand beside them. Once they've set it down they look back down to Alycia and nods as a cheerful yet tired smile flashes across Alycia's face as she scrunches up her nose and squeezes her eyes together. A slight snicker escapes Y/n at the look shaking their head as they gently let their fingers rub softly up and down Alycia's arm.

"Okay, okay-" Y/n pauses. "We'll sleep now." Alycia nods, opening her eyes to take one final look at Y/n before putting her head down, her gaze straight ahead.

"Goodnight Y/n," Alycia yawns.

"Goodnight Alycia." Y/n's eyes stayed on Alycia feeling the girl's body relax. It was comforting to know the girl trusted her enough for her to sleep like this. But Y/n knew Alycia was beginning to do more than just trust them. Alycia was comfortable enough to start saying things that normally you wouldn't say when you're taken hostage. Things you wouldn't do with your captor. Y/n however didn't think nothing of it. Sure they knew this was wrong. Alycia should be terrified of Y/n and sure she was but at the same time she wasn't.