~10~

May 3rd, 2022

"They killed my father! I SAW HER!" The witness shouted, standing on the stand. Her hand extended straight out to Y/n who sat quietly, leaned back and a relaxed chill expression across their face looking at the witness. Y/n's eyes, silently glaring at the girl not daring to look away but the girl on the stand kept shouting. The judge continuously called order, order, order. But it's not heard over the witness and the soft murmurs erupting into the room. Attorney Freya McCall smirks as she turns around walking back to her seat towards Y/n. The defendant nods at their lawyer watching them take a seat. 

"Mrs. Lawson if you don't calm down you will be escorted from this courtroom!" The judge shouts. But the witness doesn't. Instead, she takes a step off of the witness stand and rushes towards where Y/n sat. Y/n's eyes slightly go wide, an amused smirk crossing onto her lips as she just sits there allowing Mrs. Lawson to rush her. But before the woman could do anything an officer standing by jumps in the way, grabbing her. Murmurs and whispers slightly began getting louder. Disbelief was in the air as the woman was escorted out of the room. And once she was the judge finally managed to calm down the courtroom allowing time for Y/n's lawyer, Freya McCall to stand. 

"Judge, if I may-" Freya pauses, glancing around the courtroom. "I think we've all just witnessed how unreliable the prosecutors witness was so I would like to deem that, that witness-" 

"I agree Attorney. Jury, please disregard any information you heard from Mrs. Lawson. It's no longer eligible evidence," Judge Rollins speaks addressing the jury while slightly cutting off Freya. But none the less, a proud smile spreads to the attorney's lips as she sits down, glancing over to her client. Y/n's eyes however are over on the door that they had dragged Mrs. Lawson out of, her mind racing. Her smile gone as she focused on the door, feeling her lawyer place her hand on them. Swiftly Y/n lifts her hand up grabbing her lawyers and turning her head, locking their eyes. 

"We're taking a 15-minute recess..." Freya's voice trails off, while her voice is low. Y/n's eyes are blank staring at the woman as Freya's glance back and forth between Y/n's eyes, concern and almost fear rising in the woman's eyes. "Are you alright?" 

Y/n stays quiet, releasing their grip on the lawyer. They nod their head up and down slowly, standing up and buttoning their suit. An officer guides her and her lawyer towards the door. Y/n's mind raced with a million of thoughts till she heard her name and a bunch of commotion. The person picked up their head only to be met with a flash of green eyes before being engulfed by arms wrapping around them. Y/n stood her ground, closing their eyes, gently wrapping their own arms around the girl. 

"Kitten, you can't be doing this," Y/n whispers into the girl's ear, only to feel the girl squeeze harder. "This looks bad on both of us." 

"You didn't do anything," Alycia whispers, causing Y/n to squeeze her eyes tightly, reaching her hand up and placing it on Alycia's head. 

"You know that's not true, but I have to prove that I didn't. Hugging me right now is making things worse." 

"No, no it's not-" Alycia pauses as she slightly pulls away. Y/n's eyes open and their she meets Alycia's tired, puffy green eyes. Concern fills Y/n's eyes looking back and forth between Alycia's eyes but felt comfort feeling Alycia squeeze their hands. "You're not going to prison. I won't let it happen." 

"Alright, that's enough," an officer spoke coming over grabbing Alycia's arm. A wince escapes Alycia's lips causing Y/n to be alert and look away from the girl in front of her. Her eyes move to the officer and where his hand was on Alycia.