50 - Time

Chapter 50 - Time

Angelo's Person POV 

The zapping sound rang again before electric shocks scorched through my body. It harshly caressed my organs in a numbing touch as my jaw ached from the pressure of repeatedly clenching it. A groan slipped and the shocks paused, I inhaled in slowly and calmly opened my eyes to peer at the guard above my lying body. 

"Are you ready to get up and fight now?" He asked menacingly with a dark expression. 

I rolled my eyes, "Are you ready to let her fight alongside me?"

The zapping buzzed again and my body stiffened again at the electricity kissed my skin and lit up my body with its excruciating embrace. "Just go alone, Angelo."

At Angela's voice the guard relent, "Didn't you say you want to fight?"

She calmly waved me off, "Eventually."

"..."

"..."

"Did you just let this kind gentleman electrocute me for your sick enjoyment?"

Angela smiled lightly, not uttering a word but her small rise of the lips was enough to confirm it.

The guard scoffed, stretching to shock me again in spite. I grabbed the baton before it had a chance to reunite with my chest. For my own enjoyment, I redirected it towards his chest. Abruptly, he got a sudden death and heavily fell to the floor. 

The other guard stuttered, looking utterly shocked. Angela being as chatty as she was, couldn't help scoffing. "I guess you didn't know shocking someone in the chest can kill someone."

He looked doubtful at Angela, "Then how he didn't die, he got shocked in the chest over ten times."

"I said it can, not will besides your friend there had a weak body."

Cold metal infused with magic took home on my wrist as the guard lead me to a fairly large ring. Roars of excitement rang at every corner of the room making me wonder how fighters could focus with the painful clamors on their sensitive ears. Unlike my siblings, I have yet to master controlling my senses in such a loud environment. 

A promised headache lurched forward in vengeance as I winced at its abrupt appearance. Cheers rose even higher when a tall man entered the ring. Assessing his muscular built, I came to notice how unreasonable this Underground Fighting Ring was to have a child against a grown man. The shamelessness was astounding.

Fortunately, I have been training for almost the entirety of my life with adults and it would be too embarrassing if I lost to a musclehead. 

The ground trembling and dust fell from the ceiling in unison, the crowd hushed in caution and wonder. Seconds ticked by and there was a heavy silence before the tremor happened again with a creak of the roof and more dust fell. Without any interest to see what was to come I went to the cage but the second my hand touched the door, I was blasted back into my opponent. 

Chaos started as people trampled over each other to leave and screams filled the disorderly area. My body tingled like needles prick from the blast, with a heavy groan I rolled onto the ground, planting face-first into the dirty floor. A second later, thick blankets of dust fell onto us as the roof gave its final creak before it was detached from the walls. 

"Angelo! Get up!" Angela appeared by my side, turning my body roughly. Does she know gentleness?

Angelica appeared, she was the gentler of my two sisters, helping Angela to carry me out of the ring in my disoriented state, "We found a tunnel that lead us out of here."