54- Weak

Chapter 54 - Weak

Third Person POV

The gloomy building loomed over the two intruders. Angel scanned the area with focused eyes, form seem to emitted a dark aura.

The ghouls were used as energy and the dark aura and power around her was strengthened. Hunter crouched beside her, analysing the situation in silence.

Similar to Angel, there seem to be a change in Hunter but it was rather subtle. The woods was eerily silence, one couldn't easily sense a breathe of life.

A familiar scent of blood danced faintly in the air, Angel's gasp sounded loud in the quiet setting. With a panic-stricken face, she rushed off to the clearing that was imprinted in her mind.  The army was shocked at the figure suddenly disappearing, however, Angel was in a frenzy desperately charging toward the source of the blood.

A familiar scene entered her sight, overlapping the painful memory from before. The triplets fight desperately against the purple-eyed villain but they were utterly suppressed in this battle. 

Angel didn't hesitate to take over, her chances of winning were much higher than the last since she had experienced his fighting style and powers but still she was heavily restrained in the light realm. 

The hooded figure was surprised by the sudden appearance but it didn't affect his response majorly. Angel allowed Demangelina's powers to fill her body, transforming her to her limit. Dark vine-like tattoos appeared on her skin, the pressure rose and he met her attacks with excitement. 

Despite the sudden boost in the opponent's power, the dark figure was unfazed and showcased an unimaginable power. There was a sudden turn in the battle when Angel formed a thorny vine and whipped it at the man. 

Caught off guard, he barely dodge the surprise attack but the thorns still nipped his skin. Blood immediately oozed from the open wound, he glanced at the injury chuckling.

"Quite the surprise," Angel frowned, eyes flashing with hatred, silently she whipped the vine skillfully and viciously towards the man. Suddenly, the fight was switched from a hand to hand combat.

A mocking laugh filled the clearing as he nimbly dodged every strike, Angel tried to keep a clear mind but she was becoming desperate. How could the disparity in strength be this wide and her at the losing end?  

"So weak, maybe you just need a little boost." Her heart fell, sensing a bad premonition. 

A curse rang behind her, no doubt it was Angela. A dark dome cage appeared around the kids and was slowly shrinking. Angela had grabbed the bars but the dark lines instantly corrupt her arms turning then purple but it stopped spreading when she release the bar. Her palms were still throbbing however, with a pain that rendered her powerless.

Angel trembled, lunging at the cage. "I wouldn't recommend that." The dark ominous voice rang again. "Only way to get rid of it is to defeat me, hurry now time isn't on your side."

Unfortunately, his words were more real than he knew. Angel couldn't manipulate time in any short period for she still needed to accumulate energy and power, after all, time wasn't a fickle thing and was one of the hardest things to control. Ironically, she needed time to recover. 

With desperation she never felt so strongly before, she attacked him. While Angel was in an external battle, problems start to rise internally. Demangelina clenched her fist while fueling Angel with more power, her figure swayed lightly before she held on determinedly. She refused to see the kids die before her eyes another time, the pain the first time was still fresh and she feared a reoccurrence.

The wolf let out a growl clasping her head, Demangelina looked at her worriedly. "Are you good over there?" Only a growl was returned, the demon furrowed her brows but returned her focus to supplying Angel.

Blood trickled from the side of Angel's mouth as she slowly pushed herself beyond the limits. The man was covered with superficial wounds but no great damage. Angel wasn't necessarily harmed by him, she was the child of darkness and her demon was awake. Her situation was different from the kids who still had shackles on them.

However, she was still restrained by the laws of the light realm as all creatures of darkness was but the man before her, was an experiment who was ignored by the Laws, his strength wasn't bounded. 

"Times up." The man laughed.

"No!" She abruptly turned, launching the vine full force at the shrunken cage. A crack echoed and the whip shattered without leaving a scratch on the shrinking cage. 

Vines erupted from the ground clamping on the cage trying to pull it apart, only a creak echoed before it shrank faster. The triplets were crammed together, the cage started etching upon their skin. Shrilled screams rang through the clearing, it was at that moment footsteps could be heard rushing into the clearing. 

The army was stunned by the sight of the cage shrinking with kids and veins clasping onto the bars. They broke one after the other but a new one fills its place quickly.

Angel ran towards the bars, pulling with all her might. Surprisingly, dark energy start to corrode her arms. "Not again, not again, not again." She chanted.

"Please! Not Again!" The screams died down and only Angel's chants could be heard. Everyone broke out of their stupor rushing toward the scene however the cage shrunk abruptly and blood splattered everywhere. 

A strangled short scream sounded before Angel fell to her knees in the absence of the dome. Angel heaved, gasping for breath, "Why am I so weak?" She muttered tears flooding through the gates falling down her pale cheeks.

"You're not weak. Call it bad luck that your opponent was me." 

Demangelina fell, drained but she felt like she fell into a pit of acid. Everywhere burned and stung, she couldn't even find the energy to look at the wolf whining and growling beside her. A faint red could be seen outlining her body that quickly glowed brightly then sudden the room was filled with red. 

In the clearing, a heavy atmosphere settled, a light flashed and the Moon Goddess appeared with Hunter by her side. "Run!" Her eyes glowed and issued the command not allowing anyone a choice. Their wolves took control, eyes glowing and rushed in the opposite direction. 

The Moon Goddess clasped her hands and a thick silver barrier formed around Angel and the man. He was stunned but soon realized he couldn't break free. When compared to a goddess he was nothing more than an ant.

"Not enough." She frowned and three more barriers formed. 

The next second Angel roared, her face elongated shifting into a snout. In record time, a humanoid wolf stood in her place, it's fur was a beautiful silver that swayed as it stood on two legs. Another roar was released and the first barriers shattered like glass, the Moon Goddess quickly teleport them into the air distance away. 

 They watched from the sky as trees flattened and the wolves fleeing explode into a bloody pulps.