15- The Bet

Chapter 15- The Bet

Angela's POV

Being 5'8 tall 10 years old is odd to me for one reason; my mom 5'2! But it seems my sperm donor is a tall man so it makes sense now. My siblings and I never cared much for the man and we never questioned why he was absent in our life. We knew it must have been his choice because I knew unfortunately mama would sacrifice her feelings for us to have everything and I wouldn't trade her for anything. We can all agree on that.

I knew I was strong, stronger than normal and I knew I lack control of that strength when my emotion gets on a high level. So when I stood here and watch Zach's body crash to the outside of the arena I wasn't surprised, as I skip over to him taking my sweet time and he still didn't get up I wasn't surprised but when I heard no breathing or heartbeat that's when I was surprised.

"Goddess!!" I summoned her graceful presence.

The divine goddess materialized beside Zach's body with her smooth gentle hand hovering over his chest. Her eyes closed in concentration as a glow started emitting from her hand and engulf his body completely.

"I thought we couldn't die because of that pill!" I raged out, huffing as I crossed my arms. I rolled my eyes at the gasps that followed after my disrespectful behavior to her. Dramatic much, people. There is something about her that makes me feel comfortable with behaving informally with her.

I could see a small smile crack on her lips, "Technically you can die but the pill ensures that I can heal you. Whether your body is broken in many places or ripped into pieces or simply have a dislocated shoulder. I will be able to fix you right up."

"Um, how did he die?" I questioned sheepishly, this time she didn't hide the smile and a fully bright one graced her red rosy lips quite similar to mama's with the pouty shape and rosy red color.

"Your punch to his back had shattered his spine and broken multiple ribs and some punctured his heart." Well damn, that's a lot of broken bones.

There it is! That dramatic gasp that people make when they come back alive or something. I watched Zach jumped up in surprise assessing his surrounding quickly.

"Easy there, Zach." I patted his arm, I stared up at his wide eyes before he furrowed his brows.

"Zach?" He questioned.

"Yeah! Zachary, Zach." I grinned up at him. He stared at me for a while, assessing me, studying me. It almost felt like he searching for something.

"Wait!" His suddenly raised of voice frightened me but I didn't react physically." Didn't you just killed me, now you giving me a nickname?!"

"I gave you the nickname before I kill you," I stated cheerfully, but his mouth dropped slightly and he looked even more weirdly at me. I guess I didn't have the desired effect.

"It's best if you don't question it. It will just confuse you and give you a headache. She's crazy and that's all to it." The familiar soothing voice clarifies, from behind me.

"Mama! How did you get down here?" I engulfed her small frame in a hug.

"I jumped down." She shrugged, trying to getting out of my warm hold.

"You were on the fourth floor." I narrowed my eyes at her, she's like a cute chipmunk. I can't say that now, can I? Hehehehe!

"So?" She finally slipped out of my arms, I pout at the loss of her comfy body.

"So you can't just jump- wait did you just say am crazy?!" Like she is any better! She talks to anything even the wall. Every time she bumps in it, she apologizes. I don't know where to draw the line between well mannered and crazy.