21- Semi-shifted

Chapter 21- Semi-shifted

Third person's POV

Everyone held their breath in anticipation when Angela suddenly stop attacking. Angel shift forward in her seat, not once parting her line of sight from the field. There was calm like the eye of a storm, a sudden stillness.

Gold eyes stared almost curiously into vibrant orange ones and took a slow and leisurely assess of Micah's tall physique before a rather teasing smile captured her lips. It confused everyone at the sudden shift of the atmosphere but Angel was trying to figure out what was going on with what was the being she's looking at..

Angela licked her lips before engaging into their previous battle, Micah didn't have much of a choice but to follow her lead. The two danced to their own rhythm, sophisticated and intriguing but very much deadly. The dance of graceful punches and kicks captured everyone's attention. Micah got an opportunity and took it like a child with a cookie, he locked onto her leg. There were no place for games and he had to put all in this battle. He did a 360° spin and release Angela's body sending her soaring through the air and pummeled into the wall. A huge hole was created and Angela lied in the center from prying eyes.

Seconds passed and no movement the spectators cheered for the prince for his victory. His mother smile happily at her son been able to overcome a seemingly challenging battle. He had met his match and she can proudly say her son came out victorious. Her mate at her side grin with pride, they knew even with no rank she was a formidable opponent that held unusual power. Obviously Angel along with her pack members didn't share the same emotions or thoughts towards this match. Angel stared narrowed eyes at the gaping hole in the wall across her with mixed emotions. She daughter never loses.

A set of sharp elongated finger nails made it's appearance from the massive hole. The arena went comically quiet when Angela jumped out and land gracefully on her black wedged heels, rumbles rolled at her feet. Micah turned to Angela swiftly not comfortable with leaving his back wide open to attacks, the image that greeted his still orange eyes were surprising but so fitting. Her nails have grown and were as sharp as daggers, her elongated double fangs were on full display with her teasing grin.

Spectators stared dumbfounded, they had being under the illusion that her wolf had surfaced but that was no wolf if her semi-shift state is anything to go by. Semi-shifted wolves have claws and canines and she had neither at this moment. Micah prepared himself for the upcoming battle or at least tried to but from her first contact after jumping out. He knew she had somehow tapped into more of this untamed power or her wolf or whoever she is, got a tiny bit more control.

Nails and talons clashed in a heated battle for dominance. They both equally obtained and distributed bruising attacks but the prince was visible getting more powerful and very precised attacks to his body. The Dragon King and Queen watched in curiosity and fear for their youngest at the vital areas been targeted by the young wolf. Even the present battle was unbelievable to them, who was this young beauty?

Everyone including Angel, the mother of the Braker triplets watched in curiosity and wonder except the Moon Goddess. She wore a rather gleeful and excited smile on her porcelain face. On her silver throne above the royals, she watched with keen interest. She felt sorry for Prince Micah for being on the receiving end of her blows.

They were destructive to say the least and she was merciless. The prince met her head on with everything he got but quite frankly she didn't do the same. She was a relentless force and she seem to have an endless fuel of energy and power that seems to be increasing instead of diminishing as time goes by. He blocked majority of her attacks but the connecting ones hurt as hell, they were aimed precisely where it would hurt the most and deplete his energy and it was working like a charm.

Ten more minutes of non-stop intense fighting and Micah was panting and faltering in his moves, it didn't take long before Angela overpowered him with a powerful blow to the chest sending him on his back exhausted and in excruciating pain. Angela straddled his hips preparing to do the final blow but at his half lidded eyes and ragged breath she knew it was not needed.

She leaned forward, "You lose mate." She said in slow and sultry voice after she had licked a trail of blood from the side of his lips.

They never once broke eye contact, Prince Micah panted out, "Well, aren't you a tease."

"Now why would you think that?" She questioned innocently, her teasing smile making it's appearance once again.

"Well if that teasing smile and the boner under you is anything to go by." He panted out, finding that his body is not reacting to his will especially his dick. It has a will of it's own and that's to meet Angela.

"So can I get that date?" He looked up at her with a flattering grin, red eyes gleaming with hope.

She let out a laugh and released the Prince from her weight, "I'll let the sugar addict decide that." She blinked and her eyes returned to their beautiful heterochromatic ones. She stretched and yawned before stopping midway.

Angela's POV

It felt like I woke from a peaceful and refreshing dream, so relaxing. I began to yawn and stretch but stopped midway. Everyone jaw was hanging with a speechless and shocked looked on their face. Will they ever get used to this?

Unfortunately, that's not what stopped me in my tracks and it wasn't the panting guy on the ground that I found out was my mate, either. It was the dark angry, almost murderous energy coming from behind me. It was so pressuring, I started to sweat a river. It was the first time I experienced this but it was familiar and I didn't want to turn around.

Even though, he just lost, Micah wore a victorious smile at my sweating face. I'm pretty sure he can feel that, it's weighing so heavily on me. Gulping, I turned to the source of the oppressing pressure and came to a terrifying sight of my mama fuming in her seat. I guess people felt it too because they were trying to lean as far as possible away from her, some even got up. She may be so little and cute but when mad I swear she look like Godzilla to me. Scary!!!