27- Odd Events

Chapter 27- Odd Events

Angel's POV

I blinked, opening my languid eyes before shut it back at the surprising red glow from above. I squinted, the suspicious ring on my finger was glowing. I shifted my hand from my forehead and opened my eyes fully, trying to rub away the sleep.

I groaned, slowly pulling my tired body into a sitting position. Once again I woke to my body aching all over but this time I was in the comfort of the bed. My face felt glued together but I was more focus on the snake hissing on my lap. No it wasn't any small size snake it was a freaking 8 feet snake lounging across my lap staring at me.

I would scream if my heart and voice didn't seem to disappear. I swallowed before clearing my throat. I shifted my gaze back to the snake ring that was still glowing red.

"What is going on?" I whispered, keeping my eyes trained on the snake that has yet to move off me.

"You called your highnessssss." I blinked, my heart returned and started palpitating in it's cage.

"Did you just talk?" As weird as it seems I was really hoping the snake just talked because if it didn't and was a regular normal snake then I'm dead because the snake relaxing so happily on me was a Black mamba; one of the most deadliest snakes in the world.

"Yesss, your highnessssss." The hiss like voice resounded in the walls of my mind again. It's tongue flicked out hissing the s part of the words.

"What are doing here? Your species live in Africa not America." I am internally freaking the hell out. My heart won't stop racing and it's kind of hard to breathe, I was sweating a river.

"You call and I ssshall anssswer." He replied, well by the voice I assumed it's a he.

"But I didn't call you." I really wanted it to get off me, one bite from that thing can kill me. Even my wolf won't help, it may slow down it's venom but it can still kill me.

"Well the ring did." He nodded his head to the ring glowing on my finger, the rubies glowing brighter by the second.

I was weary of the snake residing on my lap and the ring with it's fangs buried in my skin. It actually seem to be consuming my blood, what the hell? I can't even take off the ring nor the snake.

"Could you please come off me you are making me nervous?" I cautiously requested, watching the snake closely.

"I would never harm you, your highnessssss." He responded, gliding off my lap and bed.

"Why you keep calling me highness?"

"Because you are my master." Because that explains a lot. I stared at the snake trying to make sense of all this. Yep I got nothing.

I can't even fathom as to what a Black Mamba was doing in this continent, they were only sighted in Africa. I glanced at the clock to see it's really early, just a little before six.

"What do you mean the ring called you?" I recall him saying that earlier.

"Yessss, the ring callsss me when it sssenssse that you are in pain or trouble of ssssort." He responded slithering on my clothes that I had thrown to the floor last night.

"But it's a ring how can it do that?" I narrowed my eyes in question, I shall not ignore the fact I'm talking to a snake. What is normal anymore?

"Through your blood, ssspecifically your blood presssssure. When your heart racesss at a negative emotion and pumpsss the blood fassster than normal, it sssummonsss me to aid you, missstresssss." Okay the hissing of the s in the words are gonna start annoying me.

"Okay I see, it wasn't any trouble sorry for disturbing you." I apologized, right last night I went for a run to release some festering emotions.

"Asss you wisssh, my highnessssss." Then it disappeared in thin air, now I'm questioning if that was real or my imagination going out of control again.

Now that I think about it that wasn't the only odd event happening since I came here. Oh right, I had a dream talking to a silhouette of me? I get ready while my mind occupy itself but first I had to wash my face. Dry tears can feel very uncomfortable. There was also the semi-shift of Angela the other day.

I threw on an oversized sweater and joggers, hopefully Angela don't see this or she will freak. She is all about fashion and looking good, she definitely didn't get it from me. Well to that degree any ways, I think she's only excited to stop homeschooling and go to highschool, September, just to dress up.

Honestly I just want them to slow down and take their time but I also want them to go at their own pace. Apparently their own pace was skipping two grades. Well Angelica could go a higher grade with all the reading she does she was grades way ahead but she doesn't want to separate from her siblings.

I thank Goddess for Angela's photographic memory or I wouldn't know where she would be with that dislike for books. Text books are the worst for her, she only read it once and only once, the other times Angelica would have to read it a loud because she refused to take up the book again.

I trotted down the stairs into the kitchen, two pleasant smell drift to my nose and a familiar ones. Sitting at the island was Andy chatting with a man, from his aura I say he's an alpha. Andy had a broad smile on his face but the Alpha only cracked a small smile.

They turned to me, "Oh morning, Angel."

"Good morning, Andy." I greeted back before casting my eyes back to the familiar stranger. "Good morning."

He nodded in response and I head for the refrigerator, wanting a glass of cold water maybe two. I was parched from all that crying. Andy grabbed my attention from the refreshing water, I looked at him over the glass while raising a brow in question.

"This is Alpha Hunter." I felt the wind slipping in the wrong hole, almost coughing but I swallowed quickly then proceed to choke my lungs out.

"Sorry, nice to meet you. I'm Angel." I wheezed out, it would be awfully embarrassing to have: death by choking on a glass of water, written on my grave no can do.

I could tell he was a man of few words but it gave him a very intimidating persona. He was sitting but I could tell he still towered me by far, then again who doesn't? I think it's really bad when your children are Giants to you.

He had midnight black hair with piercing electric blue eyes and defined features. Oddly he looked similar to Andy and by Andy's relax composure it was obvious they were close. Not paying much mind to their interaction I started on the children's breakfast. I usually make separated dishes since they have different liking. Angela prefers her sandwiches while Angelica loves oatmeals and as you know Angelo wants his pancakes, Rose seem to love her pancakes as well. Fortunately, she is much better now since their match and she smiles more now.

With that I got to cooking, my thoughts rotating around the stranger who helped me last night and was now sitting at the island and the snake tattoo I found on my back this morning in the shower. What a bright and normal morning. I thought sarcastically.