42- Chilling Glare

Chapter 42- Chilling Glare

Third person's POV

"Let's go to training after we finish eating," Angel stated while eating Hunter's food.

"Angel, do you have anything to say to me?" Alpha Xavier entered the room and immediately spotted the small group.

Feeling the pain in his neck he felt wronged despite how much he wanted to whine, there were other people here and he was an alpha. He had an image to maintain.

Angel was not in a good state, unfortunately, he only came to know after the sharp glare directed to his eyes. He stiffened and sweat quickly burst forth onto his forehead.

"Don't mind me, Ms. Dark. Enjoy his food." Alpha Xavier awkwardly chuckled, gradually moving out of her threatening gaze.

Of course, life can be a frustrating thing and seem to love giving people a hard time. As Alpha Xavier found a seat further away from the short demon he breathed out a sigh of relief, Alpha Ace entered the room with his entourage.

Andy inhaled deeply at the sight of the newly arrived group feeling a bad premonition coming on. "Oh, it looks like someone is having a bad day. Regretting your decision already?"

Andy resisted the urge to find a safe corner away from the table when he felt the anger thicken. In all honesty, Andy couldn't understand why he felt such pressure from the red-eye lady after all he had alpha blood flowing through his veins. Andy didn't have time to think about it as the familiar noisy lady continued talking probably encouraged by her silence. A beautiful lady was standing beside her with a similar appearance, she glared resentfully at Angel while clutching where her left arm was supposed to be.

Though Angel didn't spare them a glance, her eyes darkened even further signifying her rising anger. "Hmm, why did you reject Alpha Ace's kind gesture? You think anyone going to want such a used thing like you?!" You're just an ungrateful bitch, Alpha Ace is strong and yet he lowered his standards for you."

Andy's heart froze at her words, he knew what used meant when referring to a woman but he was sure it wasn't as she suggested, even so which woman wouldn't be angry from such slander. As expected the air thicken even more around Angel, it was getting hard to breathe but he suspected this blondie didn't notice.

Alis wanted to continue her berating but to her surprise, the children calmly pushed back their chairs and stood up in a synchronized manner as though it was planned. Her heart leaped, she had witnessed the power and brutality of these children in the battles but at the thought of Alpha Ace's support, she calmed.

But the children didn't offer her a glance and took up their food to a table distance away. Of course after seeing that Andy followed suit leaving Angel and the two Alphas seated with an unconscious Rose.

Allis was taken back but didn't want to give up this opportunity. She returned her gaze to Angel only to be met with a gaze cold enough to freeze hell over. She couldn't help stepping back a few steps.

In a tone, none have ever witnessed from her, "Hold your tongue closely it might get ripped from you." Alis felt shivers racked the length of her body from the icy glare. Allen frowned and stood in front of her sister.

"Why are you threatening her did she say anything wrong?" Angel looked at her armless shoulder and her body stiffened.

"Why are you scolding and slandering her did she do anything wrong?" Alpha Xavier held a mocking smile as his cheek rest on his open palm.

Alpha Hunter remained silent but calmly cut his food in bite-sized and directed it to Angel's mouth when she stopped eating. Seeing this Alpha Ace clenched his fist, if he couldn't get her what right did other men have?

Angel looked up surprised but at his calm blue eyes, she calmed a little and ate the food offered. Alpha Ace's expression became unpleasant, how was he less than this mutt? It seems rape, rejection, and banishment were trivial matters in his book. He should be thankful he still had his family jewel attached.

Allen wanted to glare at the man who spoke but he was an Alpha, it was physically impossible for her. Alis got angered by his words, she slammed her hand on the table glaring at Angel.

"She ripped off my sister's arm!" Her high pitched voice hurt everyone's ears before any other word could be exchanged.

A knife buried its tip in the wood table between her fingers. It happened too quick for the eye, Alis' eyes widened at the blade between her fingers but didn't have time to process it when it came down and cut off her index and middle fingers with such precision.

Alpha Hunter furrowed his brows at the shrilled shriek that followed. Angel once again turned and looked at the wailing woman clutching her bloody hand to her chest.

"My hand slipped, you should keep a close hold on your hands too." So cold and serious, her voice stiffened the spines of the pack. Angel's eyes were extremely dark red with a flickering electric blue ring.

At the sight of the familiar ring around her pupil, everyone was forced to recall the destruction caused by her ten years ago. Everyone stepped back as fear filled their bones, why did they think they could bully such a demon of destruction.

"Pick them up." With trembling arms, she took her fingers and quickly scurry away with the others. Alpha Ace was the last to depart, he stood there staring at Angel with dark vicious eyes and teeth clenched before heading out the door.

Angel held the table  as
her breathing got harsher. Alpha Hunter finally frowned at his mate erratic breathing and flickering eyes. It was a bit unusual for the whole eye color usually flicker but in her case, an electric blue ring had appeared and flickered. Angel's flickered repeatedly as though to control it but the ring only spread until half her iris was blue.

"Ah fuck, this is not good." Angel sent a harsh gaze to Xavier as though to say 'No shit, Sherlock.'

The table couldn't withstand the grip and broke off raggedly. Xavier lifted Rose and heading to the children at a safe distance. He didn't know the relation between Rose and them but he was sure she meant something to them.

Hunter wanted to pull her in his grasp but she actually snapped at him surprising him. Sighing, he swiftly grabbed her into his arms and pressed her head into his neck before walking out the door. Angela watched from afar with a gaping mouth, did their mom just got subdued?

In another case, it would most likely be suicidal to put snapping canines directly to your neck, one of the most vulnerable places. Though since their mates he needed to put her where his scent was strongest.

He disappeared into the woods with the petite woman in his arms. He almost tripped with her long hair a few times. They arrived at a familiar lake and Hunter did the strangest thing no one would expect from a pure man like him. He threw her in the lake with no hesitation.