35- Hunger and Temptation

Chapter 35- Hunger and Temptation

Angel's POV

"Ma." I turned to Angela in response, "Your memory is ridiculous. Did you not endure pain from this? How could you forget such a thing??"

"Now that I think about it, yeah I did. Mostly when I was pregnant but I thought it was pain because of my pregnancy. I guess this cute little bud was in the making." I pinched Rose's adorable cheeks.

"She's so adorable and innocent, in years to come she will blossom into a beautiful flower. You're going to be such a heartbreaker to young men." I cooed before releasing her cheeks.

"Maaa," Angela whined, face palming. I raised a brow at her in question. She don't expect me to say that you her too, right? You're a little devil at least, that childishness ain't fooling no one. "How can you be so cheery about these things?!"

"Well I got you and your siblings and then Rose exist as a result. What's there not to be cheerful about when such cuties exist?!" I grinned, why else?

"Why do you only focus on the positive?" Angelo inquired, I looked at him seriously.

"If I didn't what do you think would have happened?"

"Nevermind!" He promptly looked away from me, I wondered what flashed through his head?

"Anyways, where you want to go-" I paused, my ear flicker at the sound of a cry pup. The event was filled with chatter and laughs so the sudden cry was out of place and people nearby stopped to see what's the matter.

Daisy was sprawled on her tummy crying, she must of tripped and now Lily was trying to console her. A small distance away stood an infuriated Ace with an empty cup neat his feet and a large red stain on his white pants. His aura turned murderous at the sight of the stain, he looked a second away from exploding. Our earlier interaction already had him in a bad mood and one bad thing after another keeps happening to him.

My hands clenched Hunter's arm when I saw Ace glaring at the twins with such intensity. The twins looked wide eyed at their precious father before tremblingly grasping each other in fright. I buried my nose in Hunter's cladded arm and breathing in his scent while watching the scene.

I felt a familiar heat burning inside my chest, that I haven't felt in a while. A flame I always find hard to put out once it ignites. Fortunately, Hunter's scent calm it somewhat and I could breathe properly.

"I'm sorry daddy I didn't mean to do it." Daisy trembled, my eyes narrowed at his clenched fist. Rose couldn't take it anymore and rushed in front of the pair.

"It was a mistake, father." Rose boldly and probably suicidally kept eye contact.

"Move." Ace gritted, settling his piercing gaze on her.

"No, do you think mom would have allowed you to do this if she was here?" Honey, please break eye contact before this lunatic loses it.

"Well good thing she is dead, isn't she?" He narrowed his eyes at her, hurt flashed across her face but she refused to back down.

I sucked in a huge breath, a lot of Hunter's scent while fanning myself with my hand. Whoa it's getting hot out here. I rubbed my chest hoping it will help with my breathing and calm the heat rising in my chest.

"Father, they are just babies, they will make mistakes." She tried to reason in a soft voice but still remain eye contact.

"They need to learn their lesson and so do you! Do look me in the eyes!" He roared, aiming his clenched fist after her. Why does no one intervene when they see this, probably because he holds the title of strongest Alpha.