fifteen

"i talked to xiaojun today, he said whats up," isla spoke to the boy next to her, munching on an entire box of pizza together

"really?" jaemin replied, stuffing his face with pizza to the point where his words were too mumbled and could hardly be understood.

isla nodded, looking at his expeession which seemed to be shock. "i didn't even know he remembered me." he admitted.

"didn't you used to crush hardcore on him?" jaemin realized, turning his head to her and wiping his mouth with a napkin.

isla shut her eyes tight and froze in her spot, hoping he wasn't going to bring that up.

"i have no idea what you're talking about."

jaemin let out his signature giggle and shook his head. she obviously knew what he was talking about, and he knew she knew, but she was clearly too embarrassed to even speak about it.

neither of them spoke and just continued to eat in comfortable silence on jaemins bed with a random k-drama playing on his tv.

after a few moments his phone started ringing.

"its haechan," he said to isla, hitting accept and pressing his phone to his ear.

"what?" he answered.

"right now?" he said after a minute. all isla could hear from haechans end was static and robotic-y voices.

"ugh, you guys are obsessed with me. fine." and with that he hung up.

"what's happening?" isla asked, licking her lips clean from pizza grease.

"they want to come over. i know its to see you, they never come here this late unless they're sleeping over," jaemin chuckled. it was approaching 11 pm and both of them were just about ready for bed after downing an entire box of domino's pizza but plans have changed.

isla withheld a smile at hearing that. she found it sweet that they wanted to spend time with her even though it was too late in the night to actually go do something productive.

only about five minutes later, the six of them entered jaemins house using the spare key in the small plant outside, doing so quietly to avoid waking up his parents.

"you guys are idiots," jaemin said as they all crowded into his room.

yangyang gasped in disappointment after seeing the empty box of pizza. "you guys got pizza, and ate it?!" he whisper-yelled.

isla didn't stop herself from a laugh coming out, slightly embarrassed that they all saw how she was capable of eating that much.

jeno immediately went to her side and plopped down onto jaemins bed next to her. the rest of them sitting on his floor seeing as there was now too many people on one bed.

once again, isla could smell the cologne he was wearing. it was almost like he was wearing it specifically for her to notice.

she turned to him, "do you always wear that?" she whispered.

he looked at her mid-sentence and she almost blushed at how close their faces were, praying her face wasn't turning red.

"what?"

"that cologne."

"yeah, its my favorite. do you like it?" he grinned at her, scanning every part of her face for any sort of reaction.

she nodded. "it's not terrible." and then the two turned their heads back to the tv.

after a little while the boys became way too emerged in the k-drama that was displayed, and were now arguing about which boy the protagonist should choose.

"he literally hates her, why the hell would she choose him?" haechan argued.

"no, she thinks he hates her, and he wants to hate her. its the perfect enemies to lovers trope." renjun bickered back.

"okay but her prince charming is right in front of her. like, HE IS RIGHT THERE. she's dumb if she doesn't choose the guy who treats her that good." the youngest boy joined in, passionately agreeing with haechan.

the three of them joined in turning to the girl all at the same time, not even having to say a word for her to know what they were asking from her.

she sighed. "honestly, i want to root for the good guy, and even though he treats her good, he can't make up his mind. it's like leading her on."

2chan gasped at her response, fully confident that she was going to be on their side but was sadly mistaken.

"i can't believe this," sungchan dramatically weeped, throwing his head back onto her knee, "this is betrayal."

"okay, she has a very good point," yangyang agreed.

for another two hours they sat in silence and watched. jaemin fell asleep and the others were on the brink of passing out themselves, even isla who was letting out a yawn every 5 minutes against her will.

jeno was still sitting next to her and had noticed her constant yawns. "damn girl, go to sleep if you're that tired."

she side-eyed him with her droopy eyes even though he was right, she was that tired but didn't feel like going to sleep just yet.

"we should all get some sleep," she said, nodding her head to jaemin who was hunched up with his knees to his stomach, sleeping soundly. they all collectively agreed to leave his room and find places for themselves to sleep, not even bothering going home because they were all too tired to drive.

"i'm sleeping here," yangyang said to them, his body sprawled out onto jaemins carpet with his eyes closed.

"sure, if you're comfortable." isla replied. he wasn't listening because he was already fast asleep.

once they left haechan and renjun were first to decide to take the couch in the living room, sungchan and shotaro taking the basement with another couch and a sleeping bag.

"well.. i guess we have no other option but to sleep together." jeno joked to isla.

"ha ha, theres two beds in the guest room, no funny business," the girl pointed a finger at him and walked to the room with him following behind.

each other then plopped down onto the beds and immediately got under their covers.

"if you snore i'm waking you up to kick you out."

"...goodnight to you too."