ninety-six

"happy birthday to my old lady ass sister!" isla woke up to the weight of her younger brother lying right ontop of her, with his loud voice and his phone camera in her face

"eli," she groaned, pulling her blanket up to her face. "you're not five anymore, get off of me."

"tell the camera how you feel now that you're 19," the younger replied, completely ignoring her words and pushing his weight further onto her.

"get. the fuck. off."

"i'm just trying to be a loving little brother."

isla groaned even louder with irritation and used all her might to push him off, him landing on the floor completely with a thud.

"as you can see, my sister abuses me." elijah mumbled before turning his phone off. isla took a pillow from next to her and chucked it down straight to his face.

"you're so lucky it's your birthday, otherwise i'd straight up give you these hands," he said, sitting up from her floor.

once isla decided that the rude awakening was going to keep her up permanently, she grabbed her phone from her nightstand next her and opened it, seeing only two birthday messages from jeno and shotaro. the only other notifications being her friends texting the groupchat as normal.

"wow, love when my friends forget my birthday," isla said aimlessly to elijah, joking, but silently hoping they didn't actually forget.

"they haven't said happy birthday yet?" the boy asked.

"no."

"weird."

jenoHELLO

jeno
HELLO

jeno
I KNOW ITS BEEN
LIKE A MONTH SINCE
WE LAST SPOKE

jeno
i'm sorry

jeno
i expected to be busy
but not this busy :( i
miss all of you

jeno
wishing you the happiest
of birthday's ever