forty-five

"you don't know the hardships about being in jail

"you don't know the hardships about being in jail. this ain't an environment for kids."

"yangyang, please stop with that stupid voice its getting really annoying."

"oh, sorry for trying to lighten the mood while we're literally behind BARS."

"you're not lightening shit, now is not the time for your wack ass jokes—"

"both of you shut up," jaemin interrupted yangyang and haechan who'd started going at it, "you're giving me a headache."

"there's dried blood on my lip," jeno complained, picking at the scab forming at the corner of his lip from getting punched there.

"wonder why." renjun sarcastically replied.

jeno glared at him, "you know we're partially in here because of you, right? you were throwing skee balls at those guys."

"if it weren't for me you would've got your ass beat so you should be thanking me."

"right. thank you, renjun, for imprisoning us."

renjun just shook his head with an eyeroll. it was no doubt that the whole situation had them all stressed and acting out, even towards each other which they never did.

isla sighed and leaned her ahead against the wall she was standing in front of, drowning out any remaining sounds from the world. just a few moments later, shotaro came back with an officer after he decided he was going to be the one to make a phone call.

"yuta's on his way," he said as the police man locked him back inside the human cage.

"this is all my fault. i'm sorry guys." the boy mumbled, looking down at his hands as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"hey, if we're being technical, its isla's fault." jaemin grinned, patting his friend on the shoulder.

"wha—shut up! it's not my fault you're so damn protective." she replied defensively.

"its no ones fault. but lets be real, we'd do it again when it comes to isla and shotaro." jeno admitted, earning a small smile from the girl.

"fucking simp," haechan muttered while everyone laughed at his comment, but got a smack on the head from jeno.

"the fact that we're all here even though only three of us got into a fight is so funny," isla said, "and haechan jumping in with no context was the best part."

haechan laughed, "okay, it was only fair because two of those guys were trying to jump jaemin so i had to do what i had to do."

apart from jaemins black eye, jenos bloody lip, haechans black eye and bloody lip, they all collectively agreed that they didn't regret what they did and they would do it again if they had to.

"tell me i wasn't the only one who saw isla trying to get in there? like... what did you possibly think you could do?" renjun exclaimed, looking at the girl.