seventy-two

"hey isla, can you seat whoever's up there?"

"of course."

isla made her way to the front of the restaurant, spotting a tall beautiful girl standing there along with an attractive man just behind her.

"hi! two?" she asked.

the girl grinned slightly, "actually, um, i was wondering if doyoung was available?"

isla felt her smile drop slightly as she nodded and turned her head to see if her coworker was in her sight.

"i can go get him for you, i'll be right back." she nodded before going back to the kitchen.

she found doyoung washing dishes. "doyoung?"

"whats up snotty?"

"there's a girl out there for you?"

doyoung stopped snd turned the faucet off, looking at isla in confusion. "for me?"

overhearing the conversation from a few feet away, vei turned her head, "no way? who?"

"i don't know," isla shrugged, "she's tall and really pretty. she's also a little too overdressed for our bumass restaurant but hey no judgement."

doyoungs eyebrows squished together gently as if the description sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite figure it out.

"i'll be back." he dried his hands quickly and left the kitchen.

isla went and locked her arm around veis, "shall we eavesdrop?"

"we shall."

the two girls followed behind discreetly, hiding behind a table to be able to hear but also to remain unseen.

"taeha? what are you doing here?" doyoung asked.

"oh shit," vei cursed, earning a look of confusion from isla.

"not sounding very excited to see me, are we, doyoung?" the woman replied.

"who's taeha?"

"doyo's ex."

"oh..."

no wonder, isla thought. she was absolutely stunning, everything that isla wasn't. she was tall, had beautiful long brown hair that effortlessly swayed. her style was clean, and although isla said she was overdressed, she has to admit that her outfit was cute either way. she just carried herself so elegantly.

"she's gorgeous."

vei looked at isla, who seemed to be sulking without even noticing it. "isla, babe, are you jealous?"

"what? no!"

"i tried to call you, but, i guess i'm still blocked," taeha sighed.

"okay, this seems personal, we should go." the pair got up and went back to kitchen, and just before they opened the door to go back in, they heard doyoung calling islas name.