thirty-three

after the smoke session, mark and isla chatted for a bit longer, got icecream, and brought isla back to sunwoos house

(PSA: DO NOT DRIVE WHILE HIGH. EVER‼️)

when she got back she was finally tired enough to actually go to sleep, not to mention the plant she smoked would help her fall asleep faster. sunwoo was still fast asleep when she got inside, so she slipped off the sweatpants and got in next to him where he immediately slipped his arms around her. isla smiled to herself, letting him snuggle into her as she fell asleep.

next thing you know, it was morning, and islas eyes were fluttering open. after she gained consciousness, she looked next to her but the bed was empty.

as if her thoughts were being read, the bedroom door creaked open where sunwoo peaked his head through, seeing if the girl was awake. when he noticed she was, a cute smile grew onto his face.

"good morning," he coo'd, closing the door behind him, "actually its twelve in the afternoon but who cares."

isla chuckled as he leaned into her and kissed her lips warmly.

"so, um..." isla started, hesitant about she was about to say, "about last night..."

the boys face dropped slightly as he say down at the edge of the bed, "..do you regret it?"

"no! well— i don't know. i don't regret but i feel like i wasn't really ready to do it, and i didn't realize that until after it happened. i'm sorry." she spilled, unable to control what she was saying once she finally got the words out.

sunwoo shook his head and grabbed her hands to quiet her down. "isla, it's fine. i understand."

"you do?"

"you think i'd be mad at you for having feelings?" he joked. "it's okay that you're not ready, we won't do that ever again until you are."

she couldn't help but smile as he gently caressed her cheek, explaining to her that he wasn't mad whatsoever.

"okay, good."

"this might be the absolute worst time to ask this, but... do you want to be my girlfriend?"

↢ ❦ ↣

"cute outfit," islas best friend had said the second she stepped into his car, referring to her now boyfriends sweatpants, slippers, and her oversized sweatshirt. not to mention her hair that was an absolute rats nest.

"ha. ha." she replied sarcastically, buckling her seat belt.

"shit, isla. is that what i think it is?" jaemin had noticed a small bruise placed on her neck when she turned her head for a second.

she looked at him, confused, while he pointed at the spot. isla checked the mirror in his car and gasped at the sight of a dark purple hickey right onto her neck.

"fuck..." she cursed, immediately fumbling threw her bag to find some sort of make up to cover it up.

jaemim laughed loudly. "so it is what i think it is! you are nasty."

"and i would be proud of you if it wasn't with... him."

isla glared at him, annoyed at not finding anything to cover it up with. "give me your scarf."

"fine, but it's gonna look really weird with your outfit."

fed up with his jokes, isla snatched the scarf from his hand and wrapped it around her neck, making sure it was high enough to cover up the accident.

the two drove in silence until they made it back to his house where the whole crew was waiting.

they walked in, seeing sungchan lying on the floor playing with his nintendo switch, haechan forcefully cuddling renjun on the couch, mark, jaemin, and shotaro on the other couch, watching whatever was on the tv, and jeno sitting at the arm of the chair doing the same. yangyang was nowhere to be found.

"aww, look at this happy little family," isla said, grabbing the attention of everyone.

"hi isla!" sungchan exclaimed, waving his hand to her.

"eli and jisung are in the basement with chenle playing video games," jaemin told her as she nodded and hummed in response.

"wheres yang?"

"kitchen."

"as expected."

isla ruffled the hair of everyone as she walked passed them and into the kitchen, where yangyang sat there with his phone in hand and a glass of orange juice at the table. he looked almost as if he was sulking.

"whats wrong dude?" isla asked, pulling a seat next to him to sit down.

he looked up from his phone screen at the sound of his voice with glossy eyes. "hm? nothing, i'm just tired."

"yeah right. have you been crying? please talk to me, my favorite boy in the world." isla pouted jokingly, wrapping an arm around him, but the concern in her voice was genuine.

he was able to crack a small smile to her. "i'm kind of sad, not gonna lie."

"no shit, you're sitting in here on your phone by yourself. whats wrooooooong?"

the fake blonde audibly laughed, "i think i like someone, but, i also think that person likes someone else."