Eternal

(Sukuna X Deity! Reader)

"You promise?" You asked as Sukuna smiled before putting a pin on your hair.

"I promise you an eternity of my love. There is nothing anyone could do about it. Not even the heavens shall eradicate my eternal love for you." Sukuna promised, caressing his hand on your face while you sat on his lap.

"Eternity? How could you give me an eternity mortal?" He howled in laughter from your question before kissing your collarbone.

"Do not underestimate me, your Majesty. If it is an eternity you want, then so be it."

------

You peered at the thundering distance, seeing the Emperor's Army standing in front of your temple. The once empty sky suddenly boomed with thundering fury, lightning crackling in anger and the rain suddenly fell into the earth with outraged sorrows.

But your expression was emotionless, empty, clear of anything that would be called as human reactions. But your eyes gleamed with hostile brightness it threatened to snap everyone by a light.

"BY THE ORDER OF THE EMPEROR ALL SHRINES AND TEMPLES MUST HONOR HIM ALONE ALONG WITH THE SHOGUNATE! FOR THEY ARE THE APPOINTED AND THE TRUE RULERS OF JAPAN! FOR I--" Before the general could finish his speech to the shrine maidens protecting the gates your figure descended from the temple, wielding a long war scythe in hand.

"You dare step on my grounds and dishonor my presence? What blasphemy is this?" You hissed as the fronting soldiers flinched in fear as your presence alone was feared by them. How could a simple presence of you make the bravest of soldiers, the appointed defenders of the Emperor, cower in fear.

"HAIL TO THE ALMIGHTY EMPEROR!" The general yelled before two soldiers rolled two balls in front of you. From a distance, it seemed to be something insignificant but in your eyes it was a devastation and a broken promise.

"WE HAVE SLAINED THE KING OF CURSES, RYOUMEN SUKUNA AND HIS TWIN BROTHER THE OVERLOOKING EYE, RYOUMEN YUUJI! AND WE WILL DO THE SAME TO YOU, UNWAVERING DEITY OF THE SKY! YOU WERE BANISHED FROM HEAVEN AND NOW YOU SHALL BE EXECUTED BY MAN!" The general yelled before a flash of lightning landed behind you, a shining light that threatened to kill anything that moved near you.

"You come to my domain and show me your power. Now you shall prove that to me alone, after all, you brought me their heads safe to assume you fought them alone? Be careful of what you say mortal, the heavens watch and I don't lie." You say before pulling out a thundering katana from your chest and waving it into the air.

The rain ceased, but the lightning crackled angrily, encaging the whole army inside.

"I have been challenged by many armies before, and I will treat you no different." You said in a cold tone, before the general charges after you with his blade. All you he managed was a single swing, but what only came to was a painful lightning and million slashes.

His body ceased to exist, it was just dust now. Soon the army would be the same. They cowered, knowing their general was their only hope.

"Now, you shall perish!"

------

"You promised an eternity to me." You whispered, standing under the moonlight as the rain poured mercilessly. You could never forget his broken promise, yet you stand by with yours. Why would you make such a commitment to something that has been long gone. Eternally parted from your grasps.

Time was merciless to a deity and a god.

"Ei-sama. Are you alright?" Gojo called as you turned to the smug sorcerer and sighed.

"What do you want, Satoru? I was busy with my time." You said coldly, tucking your hands into your jacket's pockets while he whines.

"Awww... Don't be such a whiny baby. I know you're not over that break-up but hey I can let you meet some guys--."

"Not interested, manwhore." You grumbled before seeing one of his beloved student walk inside.

"Hello Megumi, how was the mission?"

"He brought home some new friends. Say hello to Yuuji Itadori!" Gojo cheered as a familiar pink tuff of hair came into your line of sight and a familiar face met you.

"Ahh, sensei. There was no need for that." Yuuji laughed in embarrassment before meeting your shocked eyes.

"Ei-senpai, is there something wrong?" Megumi asked worriedly, seeing you shocked expression in your face before you cleared your throat.

"It's nothing, Fushigirou. He just reminds me of someone." You said in a sad tone, before you turned.

"Who exactly?"

Everyone turned to Yuuji, only to see black marks on his face. In over almost a millennia, in almost an eternity you've lost your king, yet here he was. In the flesh of his supposed twin brother's reincarnation.

"I promised, haven't I Y/N?" Sukuna grinned as you smiled, tears threatening to trickle down your eyes, only for his hand to catch it.

"Now, now your Majesty. I don't want rain in your eyes. Come here." Sukuna laughed as you walked into his arms and hugged him.

-----

The rain was gentle, kind, and quiet. You never expected that this would be eternity. The city you witnessed that rose from the ground up, have now been level while some parts became forests or labyrinths of vines and grass. His eternity was, peace and quiet.

This was eternity in his eyes, and you accepted it whole heartedly. After all, you asked for an eternity.

So this is what will be eternal.

(Inspired by the Raiden Shogun from Genshin Impact)