Blackout Lights

Kento Nanami X Reader

You washed the plates in the sink after having a delicious lunch with Nanami as he stretched himself and hugs you from behind.

"Thanks for lunch love. It certainly has been a while since we've last cooked together. Maybe we should cook dinner instead of eating out." Nanami offered as you just laughed.

"Well, that depends... But we're definitely not cooking croquettes." He groaned before rolling his eyes as you chuckled and pinched his cheek.

"Stop bringing that up. I thought I set the timer to 15 minutes, not 51...." You giggled, kissing his nose before seeing the lights flicker. You sighed before pulling up your phone to see a message from work.

You were a part time electrical worker in the local electric company and messages come in from the company regarding the electricity's status.

'STATUS: TRIPPING IN CITY AREA, TRANSFORMER REPLACEMENT. BACK ON 30 MINUTES. STANDBY.'

"Oh, they're replacing a transformer somewhere around here." You said before the power gives out.

"Guess we have no choice but to go out. Let's just pray that Gojo's not out." You sighed as Nanami shakes his head.

"Highly doubt that." He says, taking your hips and resting his mouth near your ear.

"But maybe we can just entertain ourselves here." He said before you just burst out laughing.

"Do you really think I'd survive a good fucking with no AC and water heater? I know you can." You giggled as he just sighed and kisses your neck. 

"Fine, we can go out. I just changed the sheets." 

---

"Oh? Well if it ain't the old little lover birds! Didn't expect you to be out." Gojo greets as Nanami was offering your favorite ice cream while he held his.

"There's not gonna be any electricity for a while. They're repairing a post that got damage when someone decided to leave their students out to fight a grade 1 curse." You glared as Gojo giggles.

"They were fine...."

"The post clearly isn't--."

BAM!!

Your heads turn to the source of the explosion before you rushed to the area seeing a transformer on the post enflamed.

"Is everything alright? Is anyone hurt?" you asked as the electrical man on the repair crane waved.

"We're just fine! Turns out the new transformer was sort of broken. We might have to report this to the production team. We might not have electricity for the night, since the next batch of transformers are still being inspected." The electrical man said as you sighed.

"We have been dealing with botched transformer deliveries lately, so I guess it would be the case. Be careful next time alright?" You said as the electrical man saluted you before looking over at your phone.

'NO SIGNAL'

"Ah.... No signal." You muttered before Nanami taps your shoulder.

"Your ice cream is melting. You might wanna--." Nanami points at your melting ice cream before Gojo smiles.

"Don't mind if I do!" He chomps on majority of your ice cream leaving you and Nanami in a stunned state---.

"SATOROU!!!!!!!!!"

---

The night lights of the city dimly lit, looking more like candle lights rather that shiny bulbs of light. You just finished a busy dinner out, but luckily Yuuji worked part time at the restaurant you decided to eat at.

"If I met the kid sooner, I might have adopted him." Nanami said as you sighed happily.

"Yeah, the food was so good.... I'm considering adopting him." You smiled before turning to him.

"But you're pastries are a French's kiss." You gestured as he chuckles and walks by you. You looked up before suddenly grabbing his hand and drag him to an abandoned building.

"Hey! Where are you taking us, there might be curses in here?" He asks as you continually drag him along, up the dark stairway only lit up by the crumbling walls of the apartment. As soon as you reached the end of the stairway, you opened the balcony door.

"Why did you lead us up here?" Nanami asks as you point at the sky .

"Look, the stars are out. And the moon's...." Your words trailed as you leaned against the rusty railings. Nanami looks up as well, seeing the appeal of your weird actions before chuckling.

"Beautiful... Huh, it looks brighter now." He says, leaning on the railings as well. Both your eyes and his stargazed the blackout's lights. The full moon lit up the balcony along with the stars. He takes his hand and brushes it on yours before incasing it in his calloused hands.

You look at him with curious eyes before he cups your face.

"I love you, my little light." He whispers as you smile and bask in the warmth of his hands.

"I love you too, my evening night." You replied, kissing him as he drops his hands to your hips while yours reach behind his head and comb his hair with your fingers.

A curse crawls up the staircase before charging up to you guys, only for your hand to drop from his shoulder releasing a bolt of electricity to immediately extinguish to the curse. Your lips part before you giggle nervously.

"I guess we should leave. I kind of ignored the curses in the building. But your little light can deal with the mess." You said, crossing you arms in confidence before a special grade curse burst through the floor and screech.

"You can handle that?" He asks as you laugh nervously before grabbing his hand and jumping off the railings before teleporting to your apartment building's balcony.

"You really need to warn me when you do this. It completes drain me of my cursed energy you know?" He complains as you just hug him before kissing his forehead.

"Sorry love." You apologized before the lights of the city was brought back to life once again. You looked out to see the new transformer on the post as the electric company van passes through the busy street.

"Huh, that was quicker than I expect. I suppose Gojo would see the curse and take care of it for us, no? Let's go, I know you're still craving for that mousse cake in the fridge." You said shrugging it off as he chuckles.

"The only mousse cake I want for dessert is you~." He coed in your ear before kissing your neck.

"Now, shall we?"