8. Sticky Situation.

=🌿=

Tom and I strode beside each other down the edge of the path that led to hogsmeade station and over the tracks to hogsmeade itself.

The walk was silent as i looked around us, into the thin forest before we finally reached the ramp that bridged over to the hogsmeade welcome sign.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" I asked, glancing up at him as I led him to a secluded place behind the buildings. He threw a questioning glance towards me before returning his gaze back to ahead of us.

"What kind of question is that?" He scoffed. I shrugged.

"Just double checking" I said, simultaneously intertwining our fingers and flicking my wand with my other hand.

We appeared down a little alleyway, a tight squeeze, if you were to ask me. I pulled Tom out into the street, full of bustling people, chatter heard all around, bells on shop doors ringing, the buildings on a lean, but probably being held up by special charms.

Tom looked around, taking in the new surroundings, he looked like a child during their first time at an amusement park.

"How many times have you been here, Tom?" I squeezed his hand.

"Once" He uttered, not turning to look at me.
"With a teacher. Before my first year, getting books and robes. That's all. We didn't go anywhere else" He added.

"Well, we can go where you want today" told him. He turned to look at me this time.

"And you thought I didn't know that? I'll be going where I like" He murmured arrogantly.

"It'd be best if we stuck together" I suggested.

"I don't-" a beacon of light flew to our wrists, a vine appeared from the light, clinging to my wrist as it grew, twisting and curling around both of our wrists and tightening painfully when Tom strongly tugged at it, pulling me towards him.

Our eyes bulged, heads whipping around to see if we could spot the culprit who bound us together without warning, the only hint I got towards a suspect was an elderly woman who was walking away from us, sliding her wand calmly back into the pocket of her crimson robe before disappearing into the thick mob of witches and wizards. Tom seemed to have spotted her as well.

"Well there's no use now. Absolutely no chance we'll be finding her again. Looks like we're sticking together after all, huh" I shot him a pointed glance.

"That sucks because I had a decent threat too" I grumbled.

"You were going to threaten me, Princess??" He smirked at my words, especially expressing the pet name he chose to use.

"I was, actually" I confirmed, "Now, we're going to Gringotts". I slid my fingers in the slots between his, such a perfect fit. He sighed, annoyed as he held onto my hand as well.

=🌿=

Tom's POV

She pulled me through the streets, seeming to know exactly where she was going, which was strange because I'd thought that she was new to the country. But she even seemed to know her way around Hogwarts.

Blast that foolish witch that set this vile plant to bind our wrists. Now I'm stuck holding this daft girl's hand, although, if I were to be completely honest with myself, I felt the tiniest glimmer of comfort within the warmth of her small hand that rested in mine.

As we'd been walking I'd been trying all sorts of different spells either for destroying, untangling or whatever I could think of. Well, everything except anything that would hurt the girl in my shirt, that gripped onto my hand, leading me through the viscous crowd.

Eventually I gave up on the binding vine thing. I'd tried just about every spell I knew that wouldn't result in a death.

Soon enough we reached a huge white building that definitely looked like it would collapse down upon our heads if anyone dared to even so much as brush past one of the huge pillars at the entrance.

She walked up the steps and into the huge building without hesitation anyway. Along the edges of the center path that lead straight through the center of the giant hall sat at least fifty grumpy looking goblins.

Gross little things with their useless size and speed. No use except to sit around and stamp papers.

Y/n led us to a raised desk, at which, sat another goblin. Though this one somehow seemed more human. The girl gave him an envelope, folded in half. As the goblin thing silently read through the information, I rubbed her hand with my thumb, and then I felt her as she slightly leaned into me.

The goblin turned back to us and passed y/n the envelope back. She took it into her grasp, pulling away from me and thanking the old creature. He only received a glare from me.

"Rockhang take them along" The main goblin told another goblin who beckoned us along to the back of the hall down a spiral staircase. The lighting progressively became dimmer and dimmer.

=🌿=

I noticed y/n look back at me, as if to check on me. I sent her a small grin before it disappeared.

The goblin lead us out onto a dim platform, it held similar properties to an empty, old, boring subway station. Stonehold or what ever gestured for us to get into a rickety old minecart.

The bridge of my nose wrinkles as I pulled a face.

'This is going to be chaotic' I follow y/n over to the cart.

"How do we do this?" She asks, a nervous smile taking place on her features.

"I have an idea. Like you did this morning, let me carry you" I suggested, remembering how much pain she was in. But she took medication so hopefully she's okay now.

"Like when I was dying?" She asks, tilting her head. I chuckled.

"Yes. Here stand right in front of me" she does as I say, and I lift her up by her waist, one of her hands twisted at an awkward angle as it was attached my wrist that held her in the air.

She wrapped her legs around my own waist and used her one free arm to sling it around my neck resting her head on my opposite shoulder.

I slowly started to climb into the cart.

"Hurry up, we haven't got all day" The goblin
Announced.

"Fuck up Pebblehead' I spat, causing y/n to pat my back, shushing me.

"We're sorry, Rockhang. He's trying his hardest" I felt her struggle to keep her voice steady. I lean forward to step into the cart.

"T-TOM!!!" She giggles nervously, burying her face in my neck.

"You're okay. I'm here" I soothed

=🌿=