38. Suggestive Comfort.

=🌿=

The days pass in a blur, and I haven't yet seen Xander again. Juniper is a wave of depression that haunts the back of my mind, and I'm still skeptical of Tom's behavior.

My hand seems to burn a lot less when not in contact with Tom now, to the point where it's tolerable.

=🌿=

Tom and I walk from the Arithmancy classroom. That class really does suck. It makes no sense whatsoever.

"It's the worst class ever" I argue to Tom.

"It's really not that hard, Y/n" He says, taking my hand as we pass through the halls of the seventh floor.

"I have to go to Gryffindor" I remind him. He turns his head to look at me as we walk.

"Why?" He asks, a frown present on his face. I squeeze his hand to provide the slightest bit of comfort if required—or even possible.

"I need to get ready for dinner" I say, returning his gaze. He smirks, shaking his head.

"There's still over five hours until then. We should begin our homework. I can get my clothes for tonight in advance so we can work in your room if it reassures you of anything" The air of the hallway is abnormally cold as we walk.

"How about, I grab my things while we're on the seventh floor, and then we work in your room, it's closer to Slug Club isn't it?" I ask, stopping at the staircase.

"No, it's on the sixth floor, but I dont mind, just whatever you'd like" Tom insists. I nod.

"Then, I'd prefer to work in your room by the window" I reply, looking to him. He smirks.

"Very well, then."

=🌿=

We work in silence, Tom occasionally glancing at my work, never missing a chance to fix the smallest mistakes. For the most part, just things like punctuation, since there are no major mistakes to be found.

"I'm finished." I sigh, scanning over my pages. The white parchment glows a faint green colour, bathed in the light from the lake.

"It's half-past four. You can get ready in the other room if you like, just let me grab my clothes" Tom says, picking up our equipment and setting it all neatly on his bedside table.

The only times I've been in this wardrobe before was when Tom let me choose a set of his clothes to wear, and when I got changed once.

I walk to the end towards the table at the wall with the mirror. After I've pulled on my dress, I dust a small amount of blush across my cheeks, and apply eyeliner and mascara. It's just a simple look, but it cleans up nicely. Afterwards I do my hair, then check myself in the full-body mirror.

 Afterwards I do my hair, then check myself in the full-body mirror