30. Burial.

"PLEASE! Please stop!!" The man manages to get out between his groans of torment. The cold is starting to get to me and my wrist won't give up its searing torture. I can't help but wonder if Tom has noticed my vital change. If he cares.

'Of course not' I scoff over my pathetic hopeful thoughts. Watching this man writhe in the dirt of the forest is getting boring. It's not really very entertaining.

"Burn in hell, Bastard. Avada Kedavra." I set his limp, lifeless body aflame. I want to bury Juni, and I know just the spot. Xander seems to be in a daze of disbelief. I probably shouldn't have used an unforgivable curse, two of them, not to mention that it's literally illegal and I could be sent to Azkaban.

I trudge my way over to Alexander's shattered mirror that's only a few trees away. I point my wand at the space in front of the mirror leaned against the tree.

"Defodio." The dirt digs away at itself, the dirt landing in a mound beside the new hole. I gently place a kiss to Juniper's head, and lower him into the depths of the hole.

"May your soul find rest, bud. I'll remember you" I sit down in front of the grave as I fill it back in. I wonder if Tom would care about this.

'Doubt it.'

I point my wand at the tree's trunk, carving these words deep into the bark.

R.I.P
Juniper

Xander stands behind me, I can feel the warmth of his presence. I wipe my tears away from my eyes, not wanting to let them flow.

The boy behind me moves up beside me, stepping slightly in front of me as he pulls something from his pocket, gently pulling my wand from my loose, hopeless grasp. He sets the object from his pocket on the loose dirt that sat between us and the mirror.

It was the little blue mushroom that I'd tucked behind his ear yesterday.

'How cute' I smiled slightly to myself as he waved the wand at the small fungus he'd set down. In an instant, the shroom dug its roots into the earth and grew, a trail grew from the ground, latching around the frame of the mirror and climbing up the tree, I watched in awe as they sprouted all around us, making the area look truly magical.

I felt Xander's eyes on me, so I turned to look at him. His eyes looked guilty and sorrowful as they searched my own.

"I'm sorry" He mumbled, leaning towards me and wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder as he locked his firm embrace.

I hate it when this happens, I don't know why, but when ever I'm about to cry but only just holding it in, hugs only make it worse. So as usual, as I rested my arms around my neck and buried my head into his shoulder, I began to tremble, silently mourning into the fabric of his shirt.

"It's okay. You're okay" He murmurs quietly, rocking me in his grip.

"Let's go." I mumble, barely understandable, but he seems to hear me as he says okay, and pulls me to my feet. He uses his sleeve to brush my cheeks, ridding them of the moisture and wiping away the tear stains.

=🌿=