22. Bubbly.

=🌿=

Tom's POV

Y/n had left the garden a few minutes ago. Since then, I've received an excruciating headache, and to go along with that my wrist is burning as well.

After a while I remembered that she said I could  apparate to to her if the pain got that bad. I stood up from the bed and pulled out my wand to apparate to her location.

I froze as I instantly couldn't see anything.

"Lumos." Y/n was sitting against a wall, knees to her chest, her face hidden as she pressed it to her knees, a curtain of her chaotic hair hiding anything and everything.

Her clothing looked ruffled, and she was just sitting there, not even moving. The only part of her that was moving was her hand, as it trembled violently, the bandage unraveling slightly.

"If the bandage comes off, come see me immediately" I recall the nurse saying.

'Fuck.'

"Y/n..?" I call softly. She flinches at the sound of her name. I reach to brush the hair away from her face, but she slaps away my hand as she looks up.

"Stop. Don't touch me" She begged, her voice trembling, but her gaze softened when she looked at my face for a second more, recognizing that it was only me.

".. Go away Tom" She sighs. I don't know what to say, will I trigger her if I say something wrong? I'm not used to dealing with fragile things, and at the moment, Y/n is as fragile as glass.

"What happened?" I asked gently, sitting beside her, but not too close.

".. I-... it's.." I watch her distressed face as she struggles. Whether it's hesitation to tell me, or pure loss for words.

I catch a faint scent in the air of the dimly lit room. A cologne. But not Y/n's.. it's masculine.
The scent is all too familiar, but I can't put my bloody finger on it.

I gently reach over to pick up a strand of the girl's hair, and hold it to my nose. Orion. No. He wouldn't do anything like that.

"What" she grumbles, not bothering to turn her head.

"What did he do to you." I demanded. She didn't say anything. Just continued shaking.

"Y/n." I spoke, my voice growing darker as I  waited for her answer.

"Who do you mean?" She asked, turning to look at me. I simply glared at her, standing up. I held my hand down to her, and she hesitantly took it.

'Her hands are so cold' I sighed, pulling her up, the aching burn in my wrist melting away at last.

I went to do up the top two buttons on her blouse, she flinched back, turning her head slightly.

I firmly grabbed her face, both cheeks hidden behind my large palms. She looked utterly terrified as she closed her eyes.

"Open your eyes." Her eyes flickered open and she blinked.

"Y/n." She was forced to make eye contact due to the proximity of my face.

"I will not hurt you. Never." I said firmly, shaking her gently.

"Do you understand" I emphasized.

"Mhm" She sniffed. I let out a sigh, pulling her frail, small body into a tight embrace.

"Just leave Orion alone, okay?" I mumbled.

=🌿=

Y/n's POV

I pulled away abruptly.