9. Snavelling Cad.

=🌿=

I laughed which caused Tom to huff humorously as he slumped down beside me after setting me down in the cart.

The trip began as we traveled through twists and turns and held our breaths as we swung around sharp corners.

=🌿=

When we finally arrived at the vault, Rockhang asks us for the light and the key and eventually the giant vault door is opened. I hear Tom gasp beside me.

"What in Merlin's name??!" There's a LOT in here. Like A LOT a lot. The stacks of gold coins piled high. That's a ton of galleons.

'What the hell Dumbledore???' He must have put a lot of work into his plan. Where the hell did he even get this key? Whose vault really is this??

"Take what you need" I muttered, still shocked, pulling him through the door. He gazed at me, eyes wide.

"How did you get all this?" He asked.
"And why are you letting me take it are you sane!?" He added.

"Well.. I don't really have a use for it" I shrugged. He glanced at me again, squeezing my hand.

"Thank you".

"My pleasure".

=🌿=

We sat in a small teashop called Rosa Lee Teabag. It was honestly quite cute and humbling. Also void of many people, easing my anxiety, letting me take a breath from the overwhelming public eye.

Our hands sat annoyingly atop the table, leaving us single-handed. My hand lay limply in the palm of his, in such a position to be as little uncomfortable as possible. My hand looking rather small in comparison to his larger one.

I sipped at the cinnamon pu-erh tea I'd ordered, savoring the rich, earthy taste, somewhat soothing my tastebuds. Picking at my blueberry muffin I glanced up at Tom, sat across from me. He had set his backpack on the seat beside him, an old looking, black leatherback book sat on the table in front of him.

He took a gulp of his fancy 'Kenyan Purple Leaf Tea', glancing up at me. He sent a questioning look, finishing his mouthful.

"Did you want a taste?" He offered me his cup. I struggled to back a giggle at how presumptive he was.

"Pfff- no thank you, Thomas" He glared at the use of his full name, picking up one of the two chocolate brownies on his plate, taking a bite.

"Suit yourself".

I munched on my muffin, pulling out my phone, also spotting a power outlet just beneath the table.

'May as well top up the charge' I pulled out the cable and plugged it into the wall. Tom looked up at me as I plugged my phone in.

"I didn't know you had a phone" he muttered.

"Oh, did it say in our contract that I was supposed to share things such as this?" I asked, unlocking it with the pad of my thumb.

Obviously there was no contract. I was just having him on. But I mean, who is he to think that he should have the right to know everything about me when it suits him?
Tom only rolled his eyes.

=🌿=

A variety of oldies music was playing from small speakers that were perched in each corner of the small tavern-like room, it was quite calming if you ask me, almost like lo-fi, but with a different vibe.