13. Undercover.

=🌿=

"Do you mind?" Tom asked, reaching for the snake, I gave it to him willingly, the creature instantly snaking up his arm, seeking immediate grip.

We were simply idly walking down the Alley.

"What do you think, Rio, or Juniper?" I looked up at him, not able to decide for myself.

"Those are ridiculous names" He petted the snake affectionately, pulling my own hand with his as he stroked the snake that had curled around his other forearm.

"Right." I looked away from him, watching the dodgy people scattered at the sides of the street.
Of course he'd think that.

"But I'm quite fond of Juniper." My gaze met with Tom's as we looked at each other.

"Sounds good. Let's get back before dinner begins" I say, glancing at his watch.

"Yes."

I navigate us back into Diagon Alley, and find a secluded place to apparate back to hogsmeade.

=🌿=

I flop back onto Tom's bed without hesitation, forgetting that Tom is still tied to me.

"Oi, watch it you idiot" Tom glares after stabilizing himself back onto his feet.

"Sorry" I muttered, huffing.

"Juniper" he mutters, "What a pretty gentleman" he smirks. The snake simply stares at him, almost as if insulting him. I can't help but giggle.

Seeing Tom with Juniper, and witnessing how he acts, it's honestly quite cute. He's a considerable amount nicer to the snake than to anyone else.

"I should go back to my dorm, might wanna get your things out of my bag" I muttered.

"Right, you too, some of your stuff is in my backpack" Tom replies.

"Oh wait. I forgot" I hold up our hands, the vine still tightly pressing our skin together. If it stays this way I fear that Tom and I will become one.

"For fuck's sake" Tom grumbled, "I really don't have the energy to go out again. We can deal with it in the morning."

"What about dinner?" I ask, desperately trying to rub at the skin that's being hugged by the vine. There's going to be a mark there for a while.

"Whatver, I don't care. People should mind their own business, oh and just ignore the glares. There'll most likely be girl's around that would just die of jealousy. You being stuck with me is a privilege you know?" Tom looked down at me on his bed. I roll my eyes.

"I've been attached to you unwillingly. You think I want to be here?" Even though he's not really that bad, it's not like I had a choice in the first place.

"What in Merlin's name did you do for that to happen?" A voice asked, I looked around, but came to the conclusion that Juniper could be the only other one to be speaking, as he looked back and forth between us.

"I didn't know you could speak" I murmured, reaching up to pet him on the head gently. Tom's brow furrowed as I saw his lips move in a foreign pattern as he made some sort of hissing sound. But the queer thing was that I could understand what he was saying.

(I'm not stupid please don't attack me 😭)