16. Weed Spray.

=🌿=

Tom clasped my hand once again when the door closed behind us.

"You know the way?" He asked.

"Yes."

"How?"

"I just do" I turned the corner and headed towards the hospital wing.

=🌿=

Tom's POV

I trailed behind y/n as she walked towards the grand staircase, treasuring her hand within mine. I don't know why I've been acting like this, I just have this mysterious sense of need for touch. I don't know. Something like that.

I tried to avoid answering her whenever she asked.

"Damn."

"Yes?" I muttered, rubbing her hand.

"Nothing, just a random craving" she mumbled, stepping onto the staircase we walked out onto as it moved exactly to where we were headed.

"For what?" Maybe touch or whatever I'm feeling too?

"Alcohol." I frown.

'Oh.'

"How strange" I mumble, before realizing;
"You're underage."

"And a Gryffindor witch orphan" she adds casually.

"Your point being?" I ask expectantly.

"I have no parents, no role models, no influences. I am my own me." My brows lift at her words.

' "I am my own me" how inspiring'

"Well. Fair enough."

We made it to the wing, only to be sat down by the health nurse.

"So, this vine will have some left over side effects, though I'll just touch over it, as I've only had a day to research this, so erm, yeah. When I spray this, some things may happen, oh I'll just blimming explain it as it happens. Are you ready?" The nurse jabbers on.

I look to y/n, who's staring at the woman. She glances at me, then back towards the nurse, before realizing that I'm watching her, so she turns back to me.

I give her a pointed look, to which she gives a weak nod.

"Yes" I reply, y/n nodding along, showing her agreement.

"Right then" she rushes to grab a bottle. It looks like it's made of some sort of metal, yet it just looks like a cleaning spray bottle. I pull y/n's arm up, holding our bound wrists up in front of the nurse.

She sprays at the plant a few times before it starts to writhe around, loosening.

"Stay still. Let it do its thing" The nurse warns. Our arms don't move an inch as the vine writhes and loosens enough for it to fall off. It falls to the floor but before reaching the surface, it disintegrates, leaving its ashes, before they disappear too.

Y/n and I immediately pull our hands away from each other's. Then suddenly my wrist starts to burn. Like really burn. I grit my teeth, looking over to see if y/n is showing any signs of pain.

I watch as her breath hitches, her body tenses, and her cheeks puff, showing that she's holding her breath.

"Yes. It should be burning" the nurse mutters.

I watch y/n's wrist as it turns red, and the skin starts to peel away by itself.

"Er, miss, why is her skin disappearing?" I start to internally panic, only slightly worrying for the girl's safety. I see y/n's eyes widen as she panics too.

"Yep, I need to wrap up your wrists to stop immediate oxygen contact to the burn before your hands fall off." I just about die on the spot at the thought of only having one hand for the rest of my life, my plans would be as good as ruined if that happened. The breath y/n had been holding was released in a gust of wind.

"You what" she deadpanned.

"Nevermind" The old woman had already finished wrapping y/n's arm, and had started on mine. Once she was done, she began to explain.

"The burn shouldn't be too bad that it's unbearable, ice should help somewhat, but apparently, if you make physical contact, the pain should completely just stop" The nurse explains.

"Well go on! Try it!" She encourages. Y/n takes my hand without hesitation, which makes me smirk. But surprisingly, all traces of pain just disappear, like there was no burn at all.

Y/n holding my hand reminds me of my careless decisions earlier, when I kissed her hand and all that. That was quite... bold, of me.

"No pain?" The nurse asks.

"No" I reply, y/n shakes her head.

"That's great. So, some other things that I read, but I'm not sure if it's all true, is that now you can pretty much tell if you're in trouble, I think it's just vital change that triggers it, and also a perk to that, is apparating to each other will now become extremely easy" she explains.

I don't know what this will come in handy with, but alright I guess. Not much I can do.

"If the bandage comes off, come see me immediately, or if the burning comes up, or if anything else that could be related to this, just come see me, okay?" The nurse asks.

"Yes, thank you" y/n smiles sweetly.

"Thank you" I nod as I pull y/n out of the wing.

"Fucking finally" y/n mumbles. I look towards her to see tears rolling down her cheeks.

'Oh Merlin'

"Was I really that bad?" I ask, wiping the tears away with the pads of my thumbs.

"It's not that" she sobs, "I'm just so tired. Of everything."

"There's not much to be tired about" I sighed.

"You don't understand. But that's alright" she begins to wipe her own tears away.

As we headed back to the Slytherin commons, we managed to get stuck on a set of stairs that were transitioning irritatingly slow, but we were stuck on there with a group of three girls, I gripped onto y/n's hand just to keep the pain away.

"So. Girl" one of the brats said, "you're not stuck with Tom anymore, I sse, that means you don't have to cling to him. Shoo, you can leave now" The girl said. Y/n slid an arm around my waist.

"No."

And there I watched, as she wore a smile like a loaded gun.

=🌿=