37. Club Invitation.

=🌿=

Tom sits in the stool beside me. We share a book, and it's been scribbled in. It reminds of Snapes potions book, or the 'Half-blood Prince's.

Lots of random notes have been scribbled into the pages, the handwriting closely matches Snape's. Huh, Dumbledore's spell must have messed up the objects as well.

If I'm going to be completely honest, I've used this particular book multiple times before.

"I use this book often" Tom admits. I smirk.

"I didn't know you were one to cheat, Tom" I murmur and he glances at me.

"It teaches better than all the others and Slughorn himself. I think I'm better off reading from this one" He replies nonchalantly. I roll my eyes, smiling faintly.

"Can't argue with that" I mumble. "Who's getting the ingredients? We can get enough for both of us."

"Just turn to the Calming Draught page and I'll get the ingredients" He snaps, nudging me. I giggle, turning to page 140.

"Should we use lavender as well? It says on the next page that it increases the calming effect" I say, reading over the potion information

"If you wish" He says, reading over the ingredients.

"Okay. Make sure to get Sanguinaria Canadensis" I mumble, pointing to the note along the side of the page. He nods leaving to get the ingredients.

I gather the equipment, waiting for Tom to bring the rest of the contents.

Tom pours two ounces of water into the both of our cauldrons. It originally said one pint, but I've found that trusting snapes notes gives you top grades.

I let my water simmer in the cauldron, then add my six drops of fluxweed oil, leaving them to do their thing while I pull out my chopping board.

I use the silver knife that Tom hands me to split the stems of three bloodroots. I scrape out the insides of the stems, then maneuver the insides into Tom's mortar.

He thanks me as he begins to crush the mix. I repeat the process, using my own mortar and pestle to crush the plant juices.

After I wait out the last of the ten minutes, I scrape the paste out of the mortar and into the bubbling cauldron, then add the small part of lavender Tom prepared.

I use a spell to mix the ingredients, changing between clockwise and anti-clockwise movements.

I remind Tom to change it up a bit. He glares at me as he changed directions.