31. Picking Fights?

=🌿=

Tom's POV

=🌿=

I've been trying so hard to just leave her be, but I can't leave her alone any longer. I was being a dick, apparently. For some reason she didn't take kindly to Orion's punishment, and now she hates me.

My wrist is burning excruciatingly, which means hers must be the same. I noticed that her bandage is also falling off, which means she could lose her pretty hand. My headache has also got extremely worse, which means she must be in trouble.

That's why I'm on my way to her room—well, already there.

"Ukiyo" I murmur, pushing the door open. I slip my shoes off in the foyer and call out before stepping into the room.

"Y/n." no reply.

"Hello?" still no answer. I notice that she's left the study door open, so I make my way over there. As I walk past I see the empty wine bottle sat among her blankets.

Sighing, I enter the study. No one is here. Not even Juniper. She must've got up early if she's already gone.

There's a book on the desk, her notebook. it's been left wide open. I examine the pages. The only thing written there is "You're beautiful" in my own neat writing. She's seen it.

"For fuck's sake" My mind throbs and I can't take it anymore. How much damn trouble does she get herself into?

I flick my wand, appearing near her. I'm behind a tree. The Forbidden Forest? I look around. She's up ahead, walking along the old rail line, along with another person. A male.

I hesitate about stepping out from the trees, but I do.

"Y/n.." I say hopelessly, looking up at her guiltily. My voice is quiet, but loud enough for her to hear. I feel nervous in front of her as she turns and pins me under her glare. Though when our eyes meet, the burning in my wrist seems to grow more intense, yearning for her hand in mine.

The other figure doesn't turn, but I don't pay any mind to him.

"Y/n. I am extremely sorry for what I did, I know that invading your privacy and making you watch me torture someone isn't much of an apology, so here I am, this is my apology, I'm sorry, just please don't ignore me I hate it so much, unfortunately I can't apologize on Orion's behalf, though I wish I could, I'm so sorry I didn't believe you, Y/n.. I was being a dick just please forgive me" Apparently now my mouth is a waterfall. In this speech, I've said more "sorry"s than I have all year.

She starts to say something but I can't hear it as the other figure slowly turns around and faces me.

"Tom I—"

"...Alex?" I interupt, he looks terrified and I'm sure I do too as my mind is flooded with traumatic, unwanted memories and my vision goes white and then I—

=🌿=

Y/n's POV

=🌿=

He's out cold, I rush towards him and kneel beside him, hesitantly touching his arm, then checking the pulse in his good wrist then his neck, he has a weak pulse, but I checked and he's still breathing.

Xander just watches in shock, I wonder what happened, how did Tom know who he was? I'm still slightly angry at Tom, but his apology was great, I never expected him to actually apologize. 

I move myself around Tom's limp body, loosening his tie and unbuttoning the top button of his shirt. To be honest he already looked like shit, his face was already deathly pale before he fainted, his hair was disheveled, and his clothing had been ruffled, his whole attire looked as though he had already been in the woods before he called my name, which is obviously false, because he apparated to me.

Something that madame didn't mention is that we can apparently apparate to each other while on school grounds, although, to be fair, she probably didn't know.

I lift the bottom of Tom's shirt, checking for a belt or something that I might have to loosen, though fortunately he isn't wearing one, so I move down and take one of his heavy, limp legs in each hand, and lift his feet up just above the height of his chest to help the blood flow back to his brain.

After a few minutes of his legs rested up on my knee as I brush his hair from his forehead, he stirs, and his eyes flutter open, and he looks up at me. I can't imagine how ignorantly embarassed he must be right now.

He swipes my hand away from his face and sits up, only sparing Xander an aggressive glance, which is gladly returned with another glare.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I panic. He merily pins me under his gaze, which is cold but I can see a glimpse of warmth.

"I'm fine. Where the hell are we?" He snaps, looking around. I could tell that he was desperately trying to ignore the fact that Xander even exists, and Xander does the same, staying right beside me.

"The Forbidden Forest, Tom" I reply, fiddling with my sleeves as I continue to follow the tracks, beckoning Xander to follow.

 "Why? Where's Juni?" He asks, catching up and watching the side of my face. I hold back the urge to take his hand, my wrist is playing up again. I stay quiet, unable to answer his question as tears threaten to burst from my ducts. 

"... He's dead." Xander answers for me. I glance at him, surprised he's even interacting with Tom.

I dread Tom's reaction, even though I have no idea what he's going to do, what could he do? Juniper is already dead. A twig snaps as Tom stops in his tracks.

"... He's what?" He seethes, gripping the collar of Xander's shirt by the back of his neck. "What did you do?"

I take Tom's hand, pulling his other away from Xander's clothing.

"He didn't do anything, It wasn't his fault" I speak calmly, the burning in my wrist also disappearing, and I miss the feeling of holding his hand, for some reason.

"It kind of was my fault.. I probably made him act aggressively" Xander mumbles, glancing at me without flinching when Tom whips out his wand and and aims at him. 

I panic again, grabbing Tom's bandaged wrist, and aiming it myself instead, shooting him a pointed, and pleading look before frantically turning back to Xander.

"What do you mean!? If you weren't there I would be dead this very moment!" I shout. He sends me a doubtful look, but doesn't say anything. Tom squeezes my hand, and even though I want to, I don't let go.

"At least you're alive. Though I would have preferred if it were only you" He glares across to Xander as we continue walking. Xander rolls his eyes.

"Oh, fuck off." He mutters.

I walk in thought, how do these guys know each other? And why do they to hate each other so much? Also, I've noticed how neat Tom's bandage still is, he's actually such a neat-freak. 

I still don't know much about Xander, and I'm not sure if that means he's dangerous, or if I just need to get to know him. He doesn't seem too bad, so I'd rather go for the latter, and plus, he's not so bad looking. I giggle inwardly and roll my eyes at my own childish thoughts.

=🌿=