27. Shrooms.

=🌿=

I carefully take elongated strides right across towards the next maze of trees I know I have to head for.

I reach a small babbling brook that has a large stone sat in the middle, which I use to my advantage, stepping onto it with my right foot, them completely over the other half with my left.

I hear mirror boy behind me do the same.

"Mirror boy." I state.

"Yes?" I stiffle a laugh, finding it amusing that he responds to the little nickname.

"What is your name?" I ask, taking the time to light a cig as I continue to walk through the damp grass.

"..." There was no reply. I sigh.

"Y/n. I'm Y/n" I blow out a puff of smoke that can hardly be deciphered within the already present thick mist.

"... Alexander" He finally says. I smirk. I've always been fond of that name. Don't question it though, I do not plan to name any of my children that, as I'm not planning to have any. Waste of time, children are.

"What a nice name" I send a smile over my shoulder.

"... You too" He replies, almost sounding shy as he begins to now walk adjacent to me rather than behind.

"...Do you mind if I.." he trails off, nervously. What in Merlin's beard happened to the ignorant asshole I'd witnessed earlier?

I notice him glancing at the cigarette between my fingers as he struggles to speak.

"Oh, this?" I ask, offering it to him.

"Yeah.. sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me, it's just... I don't know, I haven't really had to actually talk to anyone for... I don't know. I really long time" He explains, casually taking in the smoke, holding it for a few seconds before blowing it back out. He flicks the ash from the end into the grass alongside us, then hands the cig back to me.

"No, no it's fine. Really. I completely understand" I assure him, looking towards him. He briefly glances at me aswell, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"What year is it?" He asks, looking away out into the dark, grassy landscape.

"Err.." I twirl my illuminated wand between my fingers as I desperately try to remember what year Tom had said it was.

"Um.. I dunno, like twenty-thirty or something" I told him what I know, I guess.

"You don't know what year if is?" He asks, returning his intimidating gaze to me.

"I forget a lot of things. Quite easily" I mumble.

"Well if you're approximately correct, then I know approximately long I spend inside that bloody mirror. I'm surprised, because it's not actually that long" The mutters.

"How long is it?" I ask.

"Three or four years" He replies, casually. I turn to him dismay.

"Four years!?" I shriek. He must be completely delusional by now!! 4 years in a fucking mirror!! That's insane.

"Three or four. That's what I said" He confirms.

"Merlins underwear" I exclaim in a whisper. He merely chuckles as we continue walking in silence.

=🌿=

We make it into the forest, and I follow the barely noticeable trail of what I know to be Fly agaric mushrooms, or red toadstools. The famous, stereotypical mushroom.