𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐭. 3

y/n's pov :

in between the pain of the contractions and the stress of injections and everything getting set up i was about to breakdown. my mom wasn't even here to hold my hand. she said she would be free at midnight but i doubt this baby would stay in till then.

"you're comfortable?" asked vinnie's dad fixing my pillow. its like they knew. they were the only family members there. except larray who was my friend since i was just 16, he was family to mr. he wasn't doing anything crazy just distracting me from my pain.

"well my back is thank you." i smiled kindly thanking him. after all he was doing the job my dad had to do. "cant say the same about this girl trying to claw her way out."

"can we eat..." asked reggie quietly trying not to disturb. they must've been hungry, they'd been here for a while.

"go! i know you guys must be hungry its been like 3 hours." the slowest 4 hours id ever have. "they said she should be ready in like another 2-3 hours."

"thank you. we'll be quick!" reggie said pretty much dragging his parents out of the room.

"hey that includes you two." i said to larray and vinnie.

"i am here every step on the way." said vinnie.

"im here until my uber eats arrives." said larray. "then ill come back."

"vin, you can go eat. im starving i dont wanna imagine you." i said. "run to the cafeteria, speed eat and you can cone back. bring me ice?"

i could only eat ice and drink water. they all left to grab a bite and i stayed trying to relax.

vinnie came back like less than 10 minutes later. and thank god he did because i was in horrible pain.

"baby do you feel pain or contractions?"

"painfuk contractions." i said calming down from a contraction. i saw him taking something out of his wallet. "you have gum?!"

something with flavor thank god.

"yes. can you have gum right now?"

"probably." i said grabbing a stick of gum. "fuck."

we were there for another hour and a half, now only with vinnie's family. they made me laugh to distract the pain. the doctor then cane in

"they're less than two minutes apart. your in so much pain because shes ready." said the doctor.

"do you feel ready?" asked vinnie.

"maria does it hurt a lot?" i asked looking to her. i knew she was looking for an answer that wasn't fuck yeah it hurts.

"it does. but then once the baby is in your arms its like there was never any pain." she said.

"i can wait." i said. i knew i felt ready but there was something missing.

"honey i know its hard." said vinnie, i could only imagine how tired he was. he has hardly slept to stay up the past nights with me. he just wanted his daughter.