Girl Meets Boy

Right now I was watching the two train wrecks called my brother and Riley

Right now I was watching the two train wrecks called my brother and Riley. They were literally two feet away from each other and they were texting. I let Maya deal with Riley while I went to deal with Lucas.

"Are you kidding me Luke? If Mateo saw you right now, He'd be laughing his ass off." I said as I sat down. He looked at me confused before going back to his phone. I took a double-take as Riley came behind Lucas and started smelling him. Thank the lord Farkle saw that I was in distress and pulled away with him. I noticed he looked different.

"Farkle did you do something different today?" I asked looking him over.

"Observant today are we? I'm not wearing a turtleneck." He said making my eyes bulge out of my head. He was wearing a black jean with a red shirt.. we were matching.

"A little birdy told me what you were going to be wearing today. You know, I got a few weird looks today, especially when I passed by the chess club room." He said making me giggle. We walked into Mr. Matthews' class making him and some of our classmates look at us shocked.

"F-farkle?" he smiled at Mr. Matthews before we sat in our seats. Then the girls walked in with Lucas, Maya started smirking once she noticed us matching.

"aww you guys are so cute." I gave her a mocking smile while flipping her off once again.

"Wrong finger Ms. Pérez. You guys don't connect with each other. It's like you can't exist without these. You use emoticons rather than emotions. You're an unfeeling generation of zombies." Riley and Maya mimic zombies before the both of us reached for my arms, acting like they were eating me. 

"Stop eating her. You're late, Miss Myzell." Mr. Matthews said to her as she walked in.

"My goldfish died." she said flatly making me snort as Mr. Matthews turned the rest of us.

"You see? This is what I'm talking about. Miss Myzell has clearly suffered a tragic loss. Yet, she does not seem in touch with her actual emotions!"

"Excuse me? I am crying my eyes out. I'm gonna have to leave class early." She says and actually left.

"Oh, she actually made it out the door this time." "I actually made it out the door this time!" I gave her a high-five as she walked by.

"Dad, adjust and deal. Cell phones have been around for, like, ever." Riley says.. How the hell did he her teacher and father.. and she doesn't get those lessons until the ending?

"It'll amaze you to know that there was a whole world before you and cell phones."

"And it'll amaze you to know that I have 394 friends in here." She tells him and taps her cell phone screen.

"And I'm amazed that you believe that."

"This is a timeline of all human existence. Starting here,  is everyone who ever lived, laughed, loved, and understood the value of life. The cellphone era, which begins right around here, pretty much destroys all of that. Way to go, you." Lucas raises his hand