Girl Meets Mariana Pérez

Surprisingly, I didn't wake up to Sofia jumping on my bed

Surprisingly, I didn't wake up to Sofia jumping on my bed. I got out of bed and brushed my teeth and showered before going to find my siblings. I paused once I saw Sofia hugging our mother and in the corner of my eye, I could see Mateo glaring at her. Sofia pulled away and noticed my presence... sadly.

"mamá is back Aviana!" She said making her look over at me. I could see in her eyes that she wasn't happy to see me. What I didn't know was Mateo was observing her closely and noticed the same thing.

"hola mi hija.." I had to fight the urge of rolling my eyes.

"Hola mamá, como estas?" I asked, if she thought I was gonna hug her.. she had another thing coming.

"bien y tu?" "misma.." She nodded before looking over at Mateo who wouldn't look at her. I gave him a look and he gave me one back. I knew Sofia was confused and was gonna question this later.

"mi hijo.. You're not gonna come say anything to your mom?" She asked

"I have to bring Aviana to Farkle's house." He said still looking over at me.

"I thought Farkle's coming to get Aviana." Mateo threw a glare at Sofia who was still confused.

"Who's Farkle?" my mom asked

"No one, just a friend." I said before anyone could say anything else. Sofia snorted and unfortunately opened her mouth.

"Just a friend? From that kiss a few weeks ago, I would say you guys are more than friends." I sighed as my mother threw a glare my way.

"A boy? Aviana you don't have time for boys, you should be getting your grades up." She said and my siblings looked at her like she was crazy.

"What do you mean up? Aviana has straight A's." Mateo came to my defense, I just exhaled sharply through my nose... I wish I just stayed in bed.

"What?" She said shocked, she always assumed that I was some dumbass who was failing all of her classes.

"Yea, Avi has 4.0 gpa and she's taking advance classes." Sofia added

"This can't be true!" She shouted making my siblings look at her confused but Mateo was catching on rather quickly.

"And why the fuck not?" He glared at her.

"Mateo!" Sofia said in pure shock. I just went over to him, placing my hand on his arm.

"Teo..please calm down.. Let's go wait for Farkle downstairs.. okay?" I said to him softly making him nod.

"Is that what you're wearing Aviana?" I sighed at the sound of disgust in her voice before looking over at her.

"Yes." I said pulling Mateo out of the apartment.

"Is this what you go through with her?" he asked and I nodded.

"You haven't seen the half of it.." I confessed