Chapter 32

Ever since Drake flipped when he found out about all that Safaree thing Nicki has been trying to call him for two days. Nothing. She figured he wanted some space, so space is what he'll got.

But now he was the one calling her and blowing up her notifications. She was done. She was tired of it. Worst part was OJ who has been whining about seeing him and Drake won't even stop for a second and think about visiting his child.

Anyways, Christmas was in a few days and the whole Young Money decided to do Secret Santa for the fun of it since it would be the last day we're all going be in town. After that, Nicki was flying over to NYC to spend the day with my family.

Nicki got Shanell's name so she bought her a few Tiffany bracelets that would look cute with her. Gudda got Nicki's name, he bought her a light pink Louis Vuitton bag.

As the get-together carried on, Nicki could sense Drake staring at her a couple of times, and whenever she would look at him, he pretend like nothing happened. That's really strange, she thought. It was starting to piss her off, so she excused herself from the conversation shr was having with Baby and Wayne, not knowing where to go next. That's when she spotted Shanell sitting on a corner by herself on her phone. She walked over to her and waved her hand over her screen catching her attention while sitting down next to her. Shanell looked at Nicki and gave her a small smile.

"You've been really quiet. Is everything okay?" Nicki asked.

"Yeah, it's nothing."

"Shanell, you can talk to you, you know that."

"No, I don't wanna worry you. You have other things to worry about rather than me."

"I'm worried about you. You're here now, talk to me."

Shanell looked around for something then stood up. Nicki followed her as she led them to the ladies' restroom. After making sure no one was inside, she closed and locked the door.

"Now you're scaring me. what it is?"

"I'm pregnant." She blankly said.

"That's wonderful!" Nicki hugged her but she didn't hug back. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure who the baby daddy is!"

"Oh, wow... Who else could it be?"

Shanell looked away from me. "Some guy I bumped at at the club..."

"Nell, he didn't..." My voice was fading as I didn't want to finish the sentence.

"No, no, no... We were both drunk and, it was what it was."

"Have you told anyone else about this?"

"No, not even my boyfriend, You're the first one to know."

"You have to tell him before he finds out from somebody else."

"I know, I know. I'm just afraid he might break up with me."

So much for déjà vu.

"Look, please tell him. If not for you, for your baby. It may seem hard at first just thinking about it, but it'll be a weigh off your shoulders. Can't guarantee you what will happen but it's worth a shot."

"Thanks. I needed that."

"Your welcome. What are friends for?"

They hugged each other and talked while walking back to the room where everybody was and enjoyed the rest of the day we had together.

***

The next day Nicki woke up with the doorbell ringing. Usually she's not bothered by people coming unannounced, but today she was not in a good mood.