Chapter 5

It was like that for the next three days. After school, they would hang out, have a conversation about anything and everything. He would give her a ride home. She even watched his basketball practice on Tuesday. Their friendship amused their closest, but they probably saw that coming.

•••

Nicki was sitting on her bed going over the script for the auditions for the Grease musical tomorrow. She will audition for the part of Sandy. She knew she would nail it but a little practice wouldn't hurting anybody. To think she might even get the chance to perform at the Spring Drama Festival motivated her.

She was slowly drifting to sleep when suddenly she heard loud music from the house next door. She guessed it was another one of Drake's wild parties. Needing of her sleep, Nicki got up from bed and slipped in her Hello Kitty slippers, grabbed her white satin robe and dressed it on on her way downstairs.

Nicki stood there in the middle of the night knocking on Drake's door but nobody was answering it. Just when she was about to give up, Drake opened the and just stood there staring at the little part of her cleavage that was showing.

"What are you looking at?" She followed his eyes to her chest. "Oh. Gosh, you're such a perv!" She turned around and fixed her robe.

"Can you please turn down the music? I'm trying to sleep."

"What? No! I spent a week trying to organize this."

"No! Every night I ask you to turn the damn music down."

"No! This is my party. My roof."

"TURN. THE MOTHERFUCKING MUSIC. DOWN!" She pointed to his face and his grabbed her finger. They were now eye to eye. At this point, Noah came behind him a little confused about the yelling that was catching the party's eye.

"Yo, Drake! What's going on here." He looked over at Nicki and Drake released her hand.

"Drake here won't turn down the music. I'm trying to sleep, I have a big audition tomorrow." She pouted at him.

"O-oh-okay, okay. Drake, turn the music down."

"Nigga, what!?" Drake was surprised his friend has coming up against him.

"Why are you so worried about a party, man? There will be another tomorrow."

"This was my party man. It's my reputation."

"What is this about anyways? What did she ever did to you?" Noah was now arguing with his friend.

"Ugh." Drake ran his hand on his face.

"Don't making me go in there and cut the wires." She also was heated.

"Alright. Alright." He gave up. Noah went back inside and cut the music.

"YO, EVERYBODY, THE PARTY IS OVER. LEAVE!" They heard 'boos' and 'ahhhs' from the crowd as it slowly was exiting the house.

"It's all clear."

"Thank you! Good night Noah." She smirked winking at him and walked back to her house swiftly. He licked his lips.

"Whatever. She wasn't about that life either." He slammed the door shut as his blood was boiling from anger.

•••

It was now Friday night and Nicki was at home with her girls. They were getting ready to go to the party. Nicki decided to go with wavy hair, a white and lilac strapless floral dress since it was spring, some black heels and black handbag.

"So, how do I look?" She asked her girls as she was doing a bad bitch check.

"Amazing!" Candi said.