Chapter 37

Nicki's POV

This is what I gotta do to keep me from falling
Stalling the truth, who knew what you'd
Do if I let you in?
My mama ain't raised no fool
I am not your usual typical type
Who would protect me if I never hide?
Falling so fast I am afraid of you
So I lied, I lied, I lied
To keep you from breaking my heart, ooh
I lied, ooh baby, oooh
Cause what if I let myself go with you?

I finished singing. That went so well. It feels good to be back in the studio. I remained in same position reflecting on the lyrics I was singing. Probably one of my favourites out of this album.

"That was beautiful." I heard through the headphones I was wearing. That wasn't Birdman's voice. I looked through the booth window, sure enough he wasn't there. Managing the controls was Drake.

"Drake! What are you doing here?" I asked into the microphone. He just signalled with his finger for me to come over to him. I removed the headset and made my way out of the booth.

"What are you doing here? Where's Baby?"

"Don't worry about him... You were so into your own world, didn't even see me coming." He fake pouted.

"Aww, come here." I said going closer to him and leaped into his arms wrapping my legs around his hips as he gripped my waist with one arm.

"Can I steal a kiss from you?"

"It wouldn't be stealing if you're asking for permission, would it, silly?" I answered bopped his nose.

"You're right, let's just cut to the chase..."

(...)

"Drake, what are we doing?" I said breaking the kiss. I was giggling but still dead serious.

"Nothing if you ask me." He started playing with my hair.

"I'm serious. I mean, you've been sneaking around like this some time to time this week."

"I thought you didn't mind it."

"I didn't, but... Never mind." I started to get up from his lap but he pulled me back down.

"No, say it."

"Umm, I think... I think this is involving way more than just fun."

"Like what?"

"Like feelings."

"What kind of feelings?"

I bit my lip, trying to avoid eye contact. "I don't know."

"I lied."

"About what?"

"Your song."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I know it's about me."

Oh shit.

"No..."

"Yes..."

"No."

"Yes. You don't need to hide it anymore."

"And how would you be so sure?"

"Because you said it yourself... Remember that night on OJ's party?" I slowly nodded. "You got drunk. You were this close from crying, saying how Safaree has been m.i.a with you, and that you still love me. You kissed me with such passion, but I didn't totally give it in. At first I didn't want to believe it, considering your state of mind. But you're an emotional drunk and the way of been acting lately, it all makes sense now."