Chapter 8

It was Saturday morning and Nicki was sleeping .by her phone buzzing. It was text from Drake.

Drake:
Good morning beautiful. Be ready at 5. And dress causal

Nicki:
Good morning ☺️. What for?

Drake:
Our date, remember? 😉

She smiled and checked the time. Then she replied.

Nicki:
Oh, right. Where are we going?

Drake:
That's for me to know and you to find out

Nicki:
You took me seriously when I said surprise me 🙊

Drake:
Indeed I did

Nicki:
I'll just start getting ready for the day

Drake:
Yeah, me too. Laters baby

She put her phone down and went to start her morning routine. Threw on some random combination of clothes and went down to have breakfast. She ended up serving herself a bowl of cereal and a glass of orange juice. Her mother was having a cup of coffee and was dressing in her working clothes.

"What are you going to do today?" Carol asked.

"I'm going out later."

"Can you take Micaiah to park? I have to go to work in a few."

"Sure. Where is he?"

"In the living room, watching TV." Nicki grabbed her bowl and went to next to him. She watched The Fairy OddParents with him until she was done.

"Caiah, are you ready to go to the park with me?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, sissy is just to change shoes." She went to room and changed her flip flops to some flats. When she returned, Carol was saying goodbye to Caiah.

"Bye, Nicki. I'll be back around at 3. I made spaghetti and ground meat for lunch in case you get hungry."

"Thank you. See you later mom."

"See you. Be safe."

"Will do." She left. Nicki made sure everything was in order around the house and if Micaiah ready.

"Alright let's go."

"Nicki, can we have ice cream there?"

"Of course baby."

They went to nearest park from their house and staying the rest of the morning there. Micaiah had so much fun, they played tag, swung, and got in the jumping house, since she was short, she didn't have a problem with it. He just loved his sister even more for that. Not many seventeen-year old teens would do all that stuff if you.

She bought him ice cream like she promised. Both had chocolate flavoured ones. He even wanted a second one but Nicki didn't get him because he would get sick. After, they went back home, had lunch and took an afternoon nap.

***

Drake stood at Nicki's front a little bit nervous. She was his friend, but this was a date. Everything had to be perfect. He rang the doorbell and her father answered.

"Hello Aubrey."

"Hello Mr. Robert."

"Here to see Nicki, I assume?"