Chapter 25: He knows

Another busy day at the studio where Nicki, Drake and Wayne have been for a couple of hours. She is continuing to record her upcoming album and was putting her heart and soul on it. After receding this song Moment 4 Life that featured Drake, Nicki took her time to write. Drake was conversing with Wayne who was messing around making his own beats, until he excuse himself and went over to where Nicki was.

"Nic, I need to talk to you." Drake said.

"Yeah, sure. Talk."

"Alone." Both looked up to Wayne who seemed like he wasn't going anywhere.

"Maybe some other time?"

"No. Now."

"Well, I'm not going anywhere."

"Don't make me regret this."

"Regret what?" Before she knew it, he picked her up fireman style and stormed out of there looking for an empty room.

"Drake! What are doing? I have a song to record. Let me the fuck go!" She yelled and punched his back not conformed with the fact that he was ignoring her. When he found one, he got inside and stood in front of the door so she wouldn't leave. "Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"Wow, calm down. Before you come for me. I had my reasons to do so."

"And what are those reasons?"

"It's about us."

"What about us?"

"Why didn't you tell me you have a son, that happens to be mine?"

Nicki's stomach tightened. "What are you talking about?"

"Huff,... Imma ask you one more time. Is your son, OJ, my son?" There was a moment of silence. The words were struggling to leave Nicki's throat as she just looked away trying not to cry.

"Who told you that?"

"It doesn't matter. I wanna to know why did you keep him from me."

"I don't want to talk about this."

"We're going to talk one way or another."

"I choose another. I'm not ready for this."

"I just need to know why." She opened her month to say something when they heard a knock on the door. It was Wayne.

"Yo, Nic, are you in there? Your phone is ringing."

"Who is it?" She asked.

"It's your mother." He answered. She tried to opened the door but Drake blocked the doorknob.

"Drake, please. It's my mother." He sighed and let it go. She quickly opened the door and practically snatched her phone from Wayne's hand and answered the call making her way to the room where they previously were.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Onika?"

"Hi mom. Is everything alright?"

"Actually, OJ has been crying all afternoon and he's running a little fever."

"Oh gosh, I'm coming over there." She hang up.

"Where are you going. We didn't finish recording." Wayne asked as Nicki grabbed her purse making her way out of the building.

"I'm sorry, but my baby needs me right now. I'll get back at you tomorrow." She got in her car and sped to her mother's house. She was relieved that her mother called right in that moment, but she know she had to face him, sooner or later.