Chapter 3

Nicki woke up around 6 am. She sighed when she realised it was Saturday and she had to go to school. This is definitely now what she had in mind to kick off her weekend. She got out of bed and went to her bathroom where she stood in front of the mirror and began her morning routine.

When she was done with her shower, she dried her hair and lotioned herself up. She decided to go with some navy blue high-waited jeans, a white blouse and a some white Converse to match. Her makeup consisted in lipgloss and a light eyeliner. After completing her bad bitch check, she grabbed a bag which carried her essentials and a book to read just to pass the time.

On her way downstairs, she texted Candi saying that she would meet her at her house after she got out of detention. They had already made plans to spend the day with each other. She slipped her phone in her pocket and saw Micaiah sitting on the couch watching TV. She went and stood in front of him. He tried to dodge her blockade, but it was no use. When he looked up and realised who it was, his face lit up.

"Caiah!"

"Nicki!" He opened his arms and Nicki grabbed him and gave him a full spin while he giggled before placing him back on the couch. "Are you going to play with me today?"

"Yes, baby. But only when I get home. Sissy has to go to school today."

"Okay." He turned his attention back to the TV. That's it?, she questioned herself, but then she remembered she was dealing with a four-year old kid. She heard her mother's footsteps and got up to hug her.

"Good morning, mom!"

"Good morning, Onika. Ready to go?"

"I guess. Just need to have breakfast first."

"Won't you be late?" Nicki took her phone out of her pocket and saw it was now 7:21.

"You're right." She went into the kitchen, grabbed a pear out of the bowl and went back into the living room. "See you later, mom."

"Bye." With that, Nicki rushed to the bus stop.

***

Nicki arrived at school in time. The hallways were empty as it was weekend. It always had to have people talking or someone at their locker, but not today. She slowly made her way to the detention room. On her way there, she found Drake.

"I cannot believe I got detention because of you." She hissed at him.

"Well, I'm not the one who's been sticking up with me, am I?"

"I'm just trying to help you, okay." They reached the detention room and there where only a few students. An elderly woman who they never saw was supervising. Maybe she gave another class were they weren't in.

They went to sit in the front, one desk away from each other. As soon as detention started, Michael came in and sat between Drake and. Nicki. He winked at Nicki with a smirk on his face and she's simply looked away huffing and rolling her eyes.

"No talking!" Said the woman who was watching them. Nicki sighed mentally. This is going to be a long hour, she thought. From her bag, she took the book and continued reading from here she had stopped.

•••.

"Okay kids, time is up. You're free to go." Everyone stood and left. Nicki closed her book and put it back in her bag. She and Drake stood about the same time and walked to the door. Since she was in the front, when she reached the door, she turned around, rested her left hand on the door frame and leaned on it.

"Just remember, on Monday we have Math quiz. I've tried helping you, but good luck finding another way to study. I am done with you." That last part came a little bit harsh which surprised Drake.