Chapter 21: Trinidad, here I come

"Take good care of yourself and this niece or nephew of mine." Sherika said hugging Nicki tight, since it was the last she was getting from her for a long while. They were all at JFX saying their final goodbyes to Nicki. She was leaving for Trinidad today.

"I will, Rika."

Safaree gave her a kiss on the cheek and hugged her "Make sure you have a boy. I wanna teach him how to play basketball."

"Haha, will see about that."

It wasn't long before her flight was being called. Everyone has already said their goodbyes.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." Everyone gathered around Nicki and shared one last group hug. "I'm gonna miss you guys so much. I love you all."

"We love you too, Nicki."

They let go of her and she started walking away with her small cabin suitcase and purse. She put and hand over her chest because she was starting to feel cold away from her family and friends. She noticed she was wearing her locket. She never actually took it off. Maybe it was what was making it hard to let it all go. She squeezed the heart and took a deep breath to take it all in one last time. She turned around and slowly make her back to the group. Nicki stood in front of Sandi, took the locket off and hand it to her. Without any further sayings, she continued her way to the gate to embark on her flight.

"Guys." Everybody turned to see a breathless Drake. They guessed he had been running. "Where's Nicki?"

"You're too late." Robert said.

"Her plane just took off." Thembi said.

"She's gone." Safaree said. Drake's world seemed to fall a part at that moment when he heard those words.

Before the group walked away, Sandi gave Drake what Nicki had given her. As soon as he realised what it was, he became frustrated. Bad enough she didn't want the talk to him, now everyone was turning their back to him.

Ever since Nicki found out he moved out to his own, she got even more depressed. One day he went over to hers to try and fix them, but he ended up being hit by a glass she threw at him. Luckily it didn't hit his stomach like she aimed, but his leg.

He sat down on the nearest empty bench and put his head on his hands. He stayed like that for some time. Even some people stopped and asked if he was okay. No, he wasn't. He jus made the biggest mistake of his life.

***

"Nika!" The woman said opening her arms wide to embrace Nicki. She has just left the the baggage claim room.

"Hi, aunt Carla." They hugged.

"How was your flight, darling?"

"A little tiring, but I'm fine."

"Don't worry, if you want you can take get some rest when we get home. Are you hungry?"

"Ooh, yes. I didn't have anything since breakfast."

"Good, 'cause I made your favourite for lunch. Curry chicken."

"God, thank you, aunt Carla. You're just the best." They continued catching up making their way to the car with Nicki's suitcases. "Trinidad, here I come."