Chapter 9

Drake woke up feeling great, which wasn't normal since it was Monday. He got up and started his morning routine. He decide to dress up a little today and put on some black skinny jeans, a V-neck T-shirt and a pair of Jordan's.

He went downstairs and fixed himself something for breakfast. His mother had just woken up.

"Morning Aubrey."

"Good morning mom."

"Someone seems excited. Big game coming up?"

"Not really. Basketball season is over."

"Oh, then it must be something to do with Nicki."

"And what makes you think that?" He said getting up from the table and put the dishes away.

"Because you're crazy about that girl... And she is for you. I still don't get why aren't you two together yet."

"Sooner than later, mom... Sooner than later" He grabbed his bag, walked up to his mother and gave her a kiss on her cheek. "Okay, I'm going out now."

"Bye son. I'll be back around 7."

"Alright." He went out, got in his car and starting driving. He was about to make a turn when he saw Nicki walking to the bus stop. He honked at her, but since she wasn't looking, he rolled his window down and call her out.

"Nic!" She stopping in tracks and looked inside the car to see who it was. "Hop in."

She didn't hesitate and got in. "Good morning."

"Morning!"

"How are you?"

"Good, actually. And you?"

"I'm good." They didn't talk much on their way to school. Just the radio on for a background sound and catching some glances.

When they got to school, they walked hand in hand talking about school related stuff. They were really close so their hands wouldn't drag that much of attention from people.

"You know what I just remembered?" Nicki said.

"What?"

"We haven't done our science project yet."

"Shit!"

"Watch your mouth."

"Sorry."

"It's due on Friday, though. And we still have after after school rehearsals and them there's your basketball practice..."

"Looks like we got our plates full. How about I come to your house on Wednesday?"

"No, I'll come by yours."

"If that's what you want, then okay." They heard the bell ring.

"See you after school." Nicki sAid starting to walk away.

"We have math together up next."

"Oh, right. I don't know where my head is today. See you in math."

"Bye." They went their separated ways as no has history and he had English.

***

2 days later

"Are you sure you want to keep it?" Nicki asked Drake as they finished their project. Even pressured by time, they still managed to do a pretty good job.

"Yeah, I mean my house is calmer than yours. This project is safer here."

"True. Just please don't forget to take it to Friday. I can't afford to get another bad grade in science."