Chapter 2

Thank goodness, today was Friday. Nobody could wait until this day was over. Having ten classes a day wasn't an easy task. Word on the street there's going to be a party at night. It was a go with the flow, so they didn't know where the party was going to be at.

Even Nicki was excited. Normally she would be reading a book around some corner in school, but not today. She was listening to music on her phone and messing with it when she bumped into someone. As soon as she realised who it was, she took them off and apologised..

"I am so sorry."

"Good morning, Onika. It's okay."

"Good morning, Mr. Smith."

"Have you and Aubrey started started studying yet?"

"Well, yes.. It's hard to study with him. It's like he doesn't care."

"You can to do it. I trust you."

"Yes, but c-.." She got cut off by the ringing bell announcing hat the classes have started.

"Off to class you go, Ms. Maraj. We'll discuss about this next week." He disappeared into the moving crowd in the hallway as they were all were trying to go to their classes. She sighed and went to her Acting class. On her way there, she found Tnembi. They have this class together.

Mrs. Flynn, punctual as ever, was about to start the lesson when the girls came in. Today's lesson was about group improvising, which meant acting without a script. They must make up their own actions and dialog as they perform the scene. This made Nicki a bit happy, she was feeling that spontaneity today. She got picked by Tnembi, as usual, and their group had three more others of their classmates. Their presentation was quite amazing, worth of an A minus.

(...)

The bell rang and the students started coming out of the classrooms, instantly making the hallways crowded. Nicki tried searching for Drake through it, but her height wasn't helping so much. And there were more than two thousand students there. She decided to ask a random person.

"Excuse me?" She tapped a girl's shoulder and she turned around. "I'm sorry, hi. Do you know where Drake is?"

"Who?"

"The captain of the basketball team."

"Oh yeah, he's probably in the gym. They practice every Tuesday and Friday after school."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." With that, Nicki went to the gym. When she opened the doors, all eyes were on her. A player dropped the ball and it dribble making it the only audible sound in the gym. She, a bit shy, slowly walked up to Drake and stood in front of him.

"You're up for studying today?" She looked at him in the eyes.

"Unfortunately, not today. I've had made plans already."

"Oh." she slightly looked away, trying not to look down.

"Don't worry. Monday after school in the school's library."

"But then I'll miss the bus."

"I'll give you a ride home."

"Ain't he a gentleman." She half smiled, showing off her dimples.

"Yeap, that's me."

"Yeah. Whatever. Bye." She tapped his arm, turned around and left. He watched her until she was no longer in sight. He was in a daze for a few seconds then noticed everyone was looking at him.

"What?"

"What's up with you and shorty?" Michael asked. He was some troublemaker, yet an amazing player.