Chapter 36

Nicki's POV

"Okay. Everything is almost ready. Drake will be bringing the cake and Carla should be here any minute with the pastry." I said to Sherika and Thembi who were here helping me and all with OJ's party. We heard the doorbell ringing.

"That must be her."

I went to answer the door.

"Hey Carla."

"Hello Nicki." Carla said. She's Odelle's best friend's mom. Since our kids spend so much time together we ended up as friends of our own. So when I commented about this with her, she offered to help.

"Hi Cameron." I bent a little to his height.

"Hi Ms. Nicki." Ha, his boy cannot call anything else beside 'Miss Nicki' ever since he found out who I am.

"Odell is up in his room. You can see him if you want. Your friends will arrive in a bit."

He took off running up the stairs excitedly with his gift in his hands.

"No running in the house." Me and Carla said it simultaneously. She got that from me because I said every time. These kids never learn.

"Thank you so much for picking this up for me." I said relieving her by taking some of boxes she was holding.

"It's noting. I know how a kid's party can be handful."

"Yeah. The cake should come in about an hour and so are the kids. I made up some space so they won't see the cake before it's time." I lead her into the kitchen and put the boxes on the table. I introduced the girls to Carla, they really liked her.

A few minutes into it, the doorbell rang again. Ugh. I welcomed the guests that just arrived and asked one of the girls to call the boys downstairs and take everybody to the backyard where everything is set up while I went to talk to one of guards to guide the guests when they arrive. Answering the door for everyone ain't cutting.

(...)

The kids have started eating now and still no sign of Drake. I try to call him for 10th time I think and he finally answered.

"Hey Nic."

"Hey. where are you?"

"Just got here. Can you open the door for me?"

"Okay." I hung up and did I was told too. The cake box was huge. Can't even imagine what kind of cake Odell asked for. That is not going to fit in the fridge.

"OJ's been asking for you. Where have been?"

"Believe it or not, traffic was crazy today."

"Oh... The cake goes on top of the study's fridge. It's cool enough in there, so no worry. Then you can go change in the one of the guest rooms."

"Aren't you getting dressed too?" I looked over to what I was wearing.

"Oh, yeah... I was just waiting for you to come. The kids were driving me crazy."

"You say that every year. You're lucky they're getting older each one that passes."

"Yeah, yeah... Whatever."

I went to my room to change. Luckily I had already picked out what to wear, a Norma Kamali high-waisted coral pink skirt and a matching bikini top. It's the perfect outfit for a pool party, plus it's really cute. I took one look in the mirror and fixed my curls before blowing a kiss to my reflected image.

(...)

Me and my girls were laying on the pool chairs by poolside with our shades on taking the sun in.