Chapter 4

Drake was struggling to solve some Math exercises that Mr. Smith had recommend to study for the quiz. He was in his study surrounded by worksheets, books and exercise books.

He came across a pile of his old ones and started browsing through them, hoping to find something that may help him. One caught his attention, it wasn't his. He started browsing through it and saw it was Nicki's formula notebook. This was his gold mine and he took it for granted. He studying the whole night with it. Hopefully this will be his saviour.

-

Drake walked in in school feeling confident. He had studied all weekend and was prepared for the most complex exercises. He wanted to give Nicki her book back, but then again, they weren't in speaking terms. At least that's what he thought. As soon as he spotted one of her friends, he called out for her.

"Candice, wait up!" Drake ran up to her and she gave him a smile.

"Hey, Drake." He took the book from his backpack and handed it to her.

"What's this for?" She browsed through the pages and noticed it was Nicki's notebook. "Where did you get this?"

"She forgot it at my place when we were studying. I just found it yesterday."

"Why don't you give it to her personally."

"Nah, she's probably mad at him. I don't want to argue with her this time. She's done what she could to help me. I don't want to hear her brag about how right she was."

"Fair enough. I give it to her right now. She probably needs it. Thanks."

"Your welcome." The bell rang and both went separate ways with a simple 'bye' from each other.

Luckily Candi and Nicki had their first period together - History. As soon as she walked in in class, she immediately spotted Nicki and Safaree stting side by side talking.

"Hey, guys." She greeted them.

"Hey, Candi."

"Hi, I saved you spot."

"Thanks." She said while siting down. She handed Nicki her notebook.

"Where did you find this?"

"Drake gave it to me this morning. And he also said there's no tutoring this."

"Oh, right. Okay." She had to confess she was a little bit sad. After, Math quiz was less than an hour away and he probably was studying with her book this weekend which meant he would probably get at least a B on it. Which meant no more tutoring. On the other hand, she was also happy, because tutoring wasn't an easy task.

"Girls, I almost forgot to tell you. I'm throwing a party at house on Fridays. I want you to come."

"Cool."

"At what time?" Just then their teacher arrived.

"I'll text you the details." Safaree whispered.

They nodded their heads. The lesson began.

-

Three days go by and everyone was anxious to receive their quizzes, even Drake. Mr. Smith had really outdone himself with it.

"Good morning, class."

"Good morning, Mr. Smith." The students seemed less bored than the usual for him, which meant they wanted their grades. But he would only give them at the end of the lesson.

35 minutes of class went by and he stood with a bunch of papers in his hands. He shuffled the quizzes and started giving them away. He was approaching Drake. He started praying silently that he didn't get a bad grade. Mr. Smith smiled at him and handed him his quiz.