Chapter 22: We don't need you

Nicki and OJ were at the Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills. It's been six years since she left for Trinidad. Her parents, brothers and friends went to visit her a couple of times. Now she's back in the States and moved in into a nice little penthouse in Malibu, Los Angeles. She gave birth to a baby baby, Odell, but it's OJ for short because he's like a mini version of her.

They were currently in the bags section. There was a white one that really catching her eye and she got distracted by it letting go of OJ's hand and he took off wandering. He went against a man's leg making him fall on his butt. Surprisingly he giggled. The man bent to his level, well, tried to because he was tall.

"You okay lil' man?" The man asked.

"Yes."

"What's your name?"

"Odell!"

"Aww, you're cute. Where's your mama?" He picked him up. At the moment he heard a woman's concerned voice calling for OJ's name. He followed the voice. When he found her, he tapped her shoulder. She turned around and he realized it was Nicki. She smiled widely when she saw her son safe and sound.

"Oh my, thank God I found you J." The man handed him to her. "Thank you, mister..." She said waited for him to introduce himself since he had his hood on. He slowly took it off his head. Her eyes grew big when she saw that face she once promised never to forget.

"Aubrey!" She said, more like asking.

"Nicki." He nodded.

"Umm... What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with my girlfriend."

Her heart sank a bit. "Okay... Anyways thank you for finding my son."

"Son? I didn't know you got married." She was shocked. Besides the fact that she was young to settle for marriage, she still loved him and those feelings she had for him wouldn't go that easily. But still, how could he say that? Could he possible have forgotten what had happened between them a few years ago?

"I am not. Fucking. Married!" She said above a whisper loud enough for him to hear. Anger was boiling her blood. She shook her head and left him there standing without saying anything else.

She payed for her items and took the bags to her car. After settling OJ on the backseat, she got in and drove off.

"Mommy?"

"Yes J?"

"Was that guy your friend?"

"No, he's not."

"He seems nice."

She hesitated. "Yeah, he seems."

"Can we meet him next time?"

"Hush J." Odell frowned. She tried to remain calm. His questions were annoying her and a distraction was the last thing she needed right now. She just wanted to pull herself together and get this over with.

•••

She and Safaree pulled up at Lil' Wayne's house. By the amount of cars parked and the volume of the music, they could tell the party was turnedt up. Safaree got out of the car, went around it and opened the door for Nicki. They went inside hand in hand. Luckily, they first bumped into Wayne.

This was a YMCMB party. Ever sine she was discovered on MySpace, she was unstoppable. The music industry loved her and she already released three mixtapes.

And you won't believe the best part. Lil' Wayne heard about her, God knows where and somehow he wanted to meet her. Guess who's Young Money's First Lady? Yes, she's signed to it. Soon the world will know who Nicki Minaj is. He's her sensei and she's the ninja. They're totally about the take the globe by storm.