Chapter 8•

"No! Tum aaj se kahi nahi jaongi, you are not leaving this house" manik looks at her, Nandini looks at him shocked trying to comprehend what he had just said

"W-what did you just say" Nandini takes a step closer to him.

"Ucha sunti ho Kya? Maine kaha ki Tum nahi jaongi"
Manik looks at her

Nandini gives him the shocked look "yaha pe sab Kaam pe jaate hai, it's a free country a democratic country"

"What? Cut this crap out I'm not talking about others I'm talking about you, aur Tum kahi nahi jaongi got it" manik orders her

"Aur kisne bola ki Tum mujhe control kar sakte ho" Nandini looks up at him

"This is my house you are staying in, Tum aaj se hospital nahi jaongi and that's final" manik puts his hands in his pocket confidently

Nandini looks at him for a second waiting for him to say that he joking or something because she was amused at what he was saying "are you joking?"

"This isn't the 19 centuries manik ki just because I'm a woman you are stopping me from working" Nandini crosses her arms

Manik makes a weird face at her "Did I say that? Tumne kaha se soch liya ki I'm stopping you because you're a woman"

"Well common sense manik Malhotra, aur konsa reason ho sakta hai. Selfish toh Tum ho hi aur I wouldn't be surprised ki Tum ek misogynistic insaan niklonge"

"Just shut the fuck up, I have my reasons and it's not because Tum ek ladki ho so stop saying stupid shit" Manik rolls his eyes at her.

"Toh phir mujhe kyu nahi jaane de rahe ho, I love my work" Nandini looks up at him with pleading eyes, she could not stay away from work she loved going to the hospital everyday and meeting her patients her co workers, saving people's lives Nandini could not afford to stay away from there it was almost like her comfort place.

"You are not going to your work anymore just go to you room!" Manik was getting annoyed now

Nandini gives manik a sarcastic laugh "I don't know what's more funny manik, tumhare Yeh stupid se orders ya Yeh ki tumhe sach mein lagta hai ki mein tumari baat manugi"

Manik curls his tongue in his mouth looking away angrily "you don't learn Nandini, seedhi tara se koi baat maanti nahi ho na" manik says while pulling out his phone.

He presses some things on it and turns it around to show it to Nandini, her eyes fall on it. It was showing around Nainas college, the live video stops on Naina, Nandini gets shocked seeing her being followed tears form in her eyes.

She looks down and then at manik with hopeless
eyes "I hate you" Nandini grits her teeth in anger.

"I've heard that a lot, now apne kamre mein jao there's tv in there, kaafi books bhi hai you can keep yourself busy" manik stays calm telling her.

"Go to hell" Nandini runs to her room crying, manik looks at her go and takes a deep breath, he turns around and sees karan standing there like a statue in front of him.

"What do you want" manik looks at him

"Manik, Yeh thik nahi kiya tune you should let bhabh— I mean Nandini go to work" karan tells him

"Fuck off karan you know exactly why I am doing this" manik goes and sits on the sofa

"Haan manik but you can't keep her like this for her whole life Kyunki tumhe lagta hai ki Woh log usse mar denge" karan tries to explain it to him

"Until I don't find a solution karan, mujhe unki weak point dhundni hai taaki—"

"Taaki Woh tumhari weak point ko na harm kare" karan cuts him off