•chapter 30•

The doctors take Nandini inside the operation theatre asking manik to wait outside.

Manik stood outside looking from the small window as he could see the doctors preparing for the surgery, his eyes got teary as he looked away he could not see Nandini in this condition.

"Manik!" Karan came running to him, manik had already informed karan about this and he had told Naina which meant Aditya and everyone had already found out. Everyone comes rushing, Naina was crying as she walks towards the door and sees Nandini lying there unconsciously with blood all around her.

Aditya speed walked toward manik and stopped before giving a slap, which made everyone shocked. Myrah held Aditya's arms to stop him "aditya what—"

"Do not come in between myrah! Aaj koi beech mein nahi bolenga" Aditya warns everyone, which makes karan stands back as well as manik signs him

"This, this is the fucking reason why I did not want Nandini with you, ab samjhe! Dekho Nandini ko she's lying there fighting for her life Aur yeh sab tumhare wajah se hua hai manik! Tumhare kaam ke wajah se, they targeted Nandini too!" Aditya shouted, manik looks down

"Bha—"

"Naina did I not just say ki koi beech mein nahi bolega" he says strictly

"Chahe Tum kitna bhi try karo manik, the moment you leave the thats the one moment jo tumhare dushman dekhte hai to attack the people you love, honestly I did not have anything against you mujhe Bas Meri behen ki safety Chahiye thi, but look at her now" a tear drops from adityas eyes seeing Nandini's condition,

"Tumne uss din police station mein mujhe kaha tha that you will protect nandini, kabhi uss Kuch nahi hone donge na. Is this how you fucking protected her?!" Aditya shouts, manik honestly had no answer to that because somewhere Aditya was also not wrong manik knew from the start that Nandini's life would be in danger with him no matter how much he tried to protect her.

Aditya turns around and goes towards the door but as the doctors were operating everything was closed.

"Manik Tum Aditya ke baat ka bura mat lagao, he just loves Nandini a lot it's just a natural reaction" myrah walks upto him to console him, manik looks at her and then Nandini the pain was visible on his face seeing her like that. He walks away from there without saying anything, karan follows him to make sure if he's okay.

The doctors continue to operate Nandini, firstly taking the bullets out of her so it does not infect her.

Manik goes and sits in front of the gods idol in the hospital praying for Nandini to recover quickly and gain consciousness. Karan comes from behind and places his hand on Manik's shoulder "manik she will be fine"

"Aditya is right, this is all because of me" manik looks at him karan who shakes his head denying his statement "pagal ho gaya hai Kya, Aditya was just emotional. This is not because of you"

"Nahi karan, it's not even about what Aditya said mujhe genuinely lagta hai ki Nandini mere saath safe nahi hai, you know how the things are with what we do kabhi bhi Kuch bhi ho sakta hai mere saath ya tere saath, and in some cases Woh log toh humare family members ko target karte hai" manik looks down

"Manik but there's no one right now jo esa karega, sahin is in jail toh phir" karan replies

"Sahin Itna kamina hai ki woh waha par ho kar bhi planning Aur plotting kar sakta hai" manik looks at him

"Yeah but this does not prove anything"

"It does karan, I involved Nandini way too much in my life man without thinking the consequences, mujhe aakesh uncle ne bataya how she came asking ki mere past mein Kya hua tha, that's how much she wants to know me Kyunki somewhere I know she feels for me"