•Chapter 40•

"Stay here" Nandini tells him, but it was more like an order for manik.

He stops and without saying he goes and sits on the chair beside ahana's bed. Karan looks at everyone "I think we should all go and let manik be with her"

Everyone nods and agrees to that, they start to walk Nandini looks at Ahana and then manik and thinks to leave them alone and proceeds to leave as well but manik reaches out and holds her hand.

"You aren't going anywhere. If Ahana needs me then i need you" manik says, Nandini looks at him and takes a deep breath going back to sit down.

"Manik mujhe bataonge what happened to Ahana? How did she—"

"Nandini, all I know is that by the time karan got Ahana she was on the floor unconscious, and about sahin he got out of jail legally" manik looks at Ahana with teary eyes

"Everything will be fine, Ahana is fine manik we are lucky that nothing happened to her because in most cases- anyways this will hard on her we need to take care of her" Nandini holds his hand

Manik nods, both of them look at Ahana as she slowly gains consciousness. She looks around as her vision was a little blurry, manik goes her and holds her hand.

"Ahana?" He calls out her name, Ahana looks in Manik's direction with her weak eyes and then looks around.

"Why am I here? What happened? Aap log wapas Kyu aa gaye?" She starts to panic and tries to get up from the bed but Nandini bad manik both hold her

"Ahana.. Ahana calm down, it's fine" Nandini tries to calm her down

"No it's not fine, mujhe Kya hua hai? I was— I was at a place phir uske baad sahin uncle mile I talked to him and then I felt a sharp pain in my neck and then I don't remember it's like I just I blacked out" Ahana worries, she was panicking way too much.

"Ahh ouch" she suddenly holds her stomach as the pain increases, the anesthesia effect is no longer on her body. Nandini rubs her back.

"Nandini—arhhh why is my stomach hurting so much it's like I'm getting bad cramps. What is happening" she looks at Nandini worryingly, Nandini didn't know how to tell her but she had to, she looked over to Manik who seemed very worried for her.

"Ahana it's okay Tum theek ho" Nandini stands up and sits beside her on her bed, she wraps one of her hands around ahana's shoulders, manik too comes and sits on the other side of ahana's bed and wraps his arms around her as well. It's basically as if they sandwich her.

"Ahana" Manik takes a deep breath and looks at her gathering up the courage "the doctor said you've uhm—you've had a miscarriage" manik finally manages to tell her the truth.

Ahana looks at him shocked, tears start streaming down her cheeks. "No! No! That can't be possible, Nandini please check again with the d-doctors it must be a misunderstanding m-maybe I'm just having c-cramps because—" Ahana starts to cry uncontrollably

"Ahana its the truth but this isn't the end" Nandini tries to make her believe the truth in the calmest way possible.

Ahana looks down having a breakdown, she turns her head and rests on to Manik's chest crying like a baby "my baby, manik I lost it" she says between her cries

Nandini takes a deep breath trying to control herself as well, she caresses ahana's hair while she cries it out. Both of them couldn't imagine how hard this would be on her. Ahana stayed hugging manik for at least 2 minutes, it was like she was crying her heart out:

"Ahana baccha, this isn't the end. I reviewed with the doctors you can still conceive in the future." Nandini tries to explain to her, Ahana lifts her head up and looks at her, she wipes away her tears.