•Chapter 38•

Manik and Nandini arrived at the dinner place, it was a quiet place away unlike any other place you would go to infect there was no one around which made Nandini confused. They both got out of the car and walked a few steps towards the place, Nandini couldn't see anything as there was only little light coming.

"Nandini stay here" manik says looking at her

"Areh manik kaha jaa rahe—" Nandini tries to ask him but before she could even complete her sentence he disappears from there. Nandini looks around confused as suddenly the bare minimum light that was coming also turns off making her more scared

"Manik? Where are you? Mujhe darr lag raha hai" Nandini looks around but she could barely see anything

"Manik?" She calls out his name again, suddenly from a distance she sees some bright light coming, Nandini goes towards it and it was like a lights around a pathway with some rose petals scattered all over on the pathway.

Nandini's phone beeps, she takes out her phone and sees it was a message from manik. She furrowed her eyebrows looking all confused, she opened his message which read 'keep following the lights, and don't ask any questions'

Nandini put her phone away, she was really confused but did as manik said. She followed the light, it was like a LED light attached on the sides of the pathways near the grass which was gold.

Nandini stopped walking as she heard music coming from somewhere, she looked around as she heard someone singing, the voice was familiar.

Kaise mujhe tum mil gayi
Kismat pe aaye na yakeen
Utar aye jheel main
Jaise chaand utarata hai kabhi
Houle haule
dhere se

It was Manik's voice, Nandini was surprised hearing his voice she never knew he could sing infect sing so well, his voice was so soothing. She looked around back and forth trying to sport manik but she couldn't. Some lights turned on near the pathway Nandini turned around in that direction and saw her photo with lights around it, she was surprised and overwhelmed seeing all this. Manik had put Nandini's photos around everywhere indicating how much she meant to him by singing her this song which matched what he was trying to convey.

gunguni dhoop ki tarah se
Tarnnum main tum
Chookey mujhe
Guzri ho yun

Nandini walked further down the path, she was getting emotional realising manik had planned all this for her and recording a song for her in his voice was beyond happiness for her.

Dekhu tumhe ya mein sunu,
Tum ho sukoon, tum ho junoon,
Kyu pehle naa aayi tum?
Kaise mujhe tu mil gayi

Another one of Nandini's photo lit up, she smiles seeing that as her eyes got teary. It was tears of happiness, she never felt so special and never imagined a guy would do this much for her. Manik's voice was heard like it was playing on some speaker.

Manik comes walking from a distance, Nandini looks up at him as a tear rolled down from her eyes. Manik walked towards her and stopped when he was close to her. Nandini without saying anything jumped in Manik's arms crying which made manik confused.

"Nandini why are you crying? Tumhe accha nahi laga Kya surprise?" Manik asks "Maine Itna bura gaya?" Manik jokes hoping she would say something

Nandini broke the hug and look at him "Tum bilkul pagal ho, I'm crying because I loved this. Kissi ne mere liye Itna nahi kiya" Nandini wipes her tears telling him