•Chapter 42•

Nandini follows manik to the hospital rooftop, he was standing there near the edge looking in a distance.

Nandini had brought her a first aid box with her as well, she knew he would be stubborn at first but he would initially give in too.

Nandini leaves the first aid box on the side and goes near him from behind and wraps her arm around his shoulders leaning her head and placing it touching his back. Manik closes his eyes as he feels her body against his, he was trying his best to keep his anger in and it was working because Nandini somehow was calming him down.

"Im sorry manik, aise mujhse naraz mat raho" Nandini's voice cracks, a tear drops from her eyes to Manik's shirt he furrows his eyebrows and grabs her hand turning around to her.

He looks at her and sees tears in her eyes, she looks up at him. Manik melts seeing the tears in her eyes, he places his hands on her cheek and wipes the tears away with his thumb.

He sighs and was about to turn around but Nandini grabs her hand to stop him.

"Manik kitna naraz rahonge, I know I shouldn't have came there" she looks at him, he turns around and meets his eyes with her

"Yes you really shouldn't have Nandini, you made things worse" manik confronts her

Nandini looks down, she felt guilty she knew she made things worse but she couldn't help it she was worried for him.

"I know, I was really worried for you Tum ek toh gusse mein chale gaye Aur upar se akele so I—" Nandini looks at him biting his lips

"That's not good enough Nandini" manik walks back towards the edge in anger "main jitna bhi tumhe durr rakhta hu inn sab se Tum utni hi guss jaati ho, I understand that you were worried about me I appreciate that Nandini but things will only get out of hand"  manik turns around and grabs her by her arms

"Nandini I always get vulnerable whenever you're around" Manik looks at her as his eyes soften up, Nandini looks down. "You heard right what those fucking bastards were saying about you? This is why I try to keep you away Nandini Lekin nahi tumne toh jaise apna life ka rule bana diya hai that you will never listen to me"

"I'm wrong but Tum mere point of view se Dekho, agar tumhe aisa feel hota ki I'm in trouble Toh Kya Tum nahi aate" Nandini questions him

"Of course Nandini, I would be the first person there but things are different here you know very well how sahin is, That guy he's a bloody demon I cannot keep letting you put your own life in risk. Agar tumhe Kuch ho gaya na toh Nandini main jee nahi paunga, I can't afford to lose someone that I love so much again" manik pours his heart out

"main Bas darr gayi thi tumare liye, ki agar tumhe Kuch ho gaya toh—"

"Before I never used to think about my safety, but jab se Tum mere life mein aayi ho I'm cautious about it because you've gave me a reason to live Nandini, I promise you main kudh ko bhi Kuch nahi hone dunga, I will put myself first because I know I have to come back home to you" manik promises.

"Im sorry I promise aaj ke baad Main tumhari baat manugi" Nandini hugs him wrapping her arms around his waist as she leans her head on his chest.

"Not done Nandini, you'll have to earn my forgiveness" manik says, Nandini breaks the hug and looks at him.

"Are you playing hard to get?" she raises her eyebrows

"You can say that" manik crosses his arms

"Fine" she stands on her tippy toes and kisses Manik's cheeks to which he breaks in to a smile but stops.

Nandini looks at him who still looked like he was mad, she shakes her head and goes in to kiss his other side of the cheek "I think that should melt down your anger"