Chapter- 14

How wonderful is the situation of a believer. There is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer. If prosperity comes to him, he expresses gratitude to God and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him. - prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam ( peace be upon him) 

If you haven't prayed your Salah please pray this book can wait but your Salah can't

Amira Sultan p.o.v

After praying my fajr Salah , I stood near the window like always watching the sun rise , my eyes fell on the huge garden , the garden was full of variety of flowers and tree , there was fountain in the center of the garden , even though it's been a week and yesterday Nafisa told me that we will visit park but for some reason Rabiya aunty didn't let us , I want to go out in the garden , it's inside the house what bad could happen beside everyone is sleeping right now .

My corner lips twitched as my mind was determined to go downstairs and roam in the beautiful garden , wrapping my hijab properly . I went downstairs , giggling. I felt happy like a bird about to escape the cage . 

I open the main door only to be frightened by two gunmen standing two sides of the door in full attention . I gulped when I saw what was in their hands .

IT WAS GUN !!!

must be full of bullets ….

Bullets that can kill me .

Surprisingly both of them saw fear in my eyes so they stepped aside to make me comfortable .

But I didn't move , should I go out ??

Am I allowed ??

But I am still in the house , I am not going out of the main gate .

I was debating inside my mind when the fresh sunrise hit my nose . I couldn't stop myself so I stepped out. I saw two more men but they were far away from the garden .

To tell the truth I was glad , I can enjoy the beautiful view in front of me without feeling uneasy .

I looked around and touched the beautiful flowers , giggles erupted from my throat as I couldn't contain my happiness .

" Subhan Allah ( Glory to be Allah ) every flower is so beautiful and full of colours " I admired the red roses.

Cold wind gushes through , unconsciously I rub my arm feeling cold .

I was busy looking around the flowers when I didn't realise that someone's gaze was piercing through me . 

" Assalamualaikum " I heard a man's voice behind my back .

Hearing a man's voice my body got rigid , turning around I saw a man who looked quite familiar . 

Have I seen him before?

" Walekum Assalam " I said reassure looking down I didn't like the way he was scanning my face .

" I am Osman , Khalid's best friend, " he introduced himself .

Ahh… yes I saw him that day when I met the storm that wrecked my life for the first time .

I nodded not knowing what to say , he is a good looking man, he was well built but not more than Khalid, that man knows how to maintain himself .

We stood in awkward silence …. What is he doing here so early ??

" I am Amira " I replied hesitantly when I saw he wasn't moving .

" I know " he whispered , I looked up to see an unknown emotion whirling in his eyes .

" I hope Khalid treats you well " . His question took me by surprise .

For the first time someone asked me this , I mean not even my father called me once after I got married .

Not that I have a phone but he could have called Khalid .

Thinking about it I look down and water fills my eyes .

" I am sorry " I knit my eyebrows together .

" Why are you saying sorry? " I wiped my tears .

He shook his head '' Nothing " there was sadness in his voice .

" Khalid is not a bad man you know " he said and I wanted to roll my eyes mentally I did .

" He -" before he could say anything .

We both heard a smashing voice inside the house .

Glancing at each other , we both went inside only to see Khalid throwing plates on the floor .

" Ya Allah " I gasp " what's wrong with you " I yell feeling mad .

Those plates can cost a person a fortune .

He was about to throw another plate when my voice held his hand in mid air , our eyes met anger and fury was dancing in them . Clenching his jaw , he smashed the plate on the floor which scattered into pieces . 

I step back fearing some pieces can pierce my skin .

" Khalid what happened " Ayesha aunty came hurriedly .

" Khalid what's Wrong " Osman tried to step forward but one look from Khalid and he stopped .

" Why did I hire you? " his eyes glaring at Ayesha aunty .

She look so scared and speechless " to- to take - care of " 

Before she could complete , I heard soft sniffling behind the stairs . 

I quickly went to Sayra , the poor kid was trembling in fear .

I quickly pick her in my arm " what's wrong " I wipe her tears .

She hid her face on my chest crying .

" I hired you to take care of my niece's and this is how you are taking care of them '' Khalid snarled , something inside me clenched hearing his harsh voice on Ayesha , she is so much older than him .

" Sir - I don't know what happened '' she was in tears and clueless .

" SHE FELL FROM THE STAIRS , AND YOU WEREN'T THEIR TO TAKE CARE OF HER " he shouted at the top of his lung , Sayra grip tightening around my neck .

" Khalid calm down " came out from my mouth and every eye fell on me .

" Did you ask me to calm down? " he approached my way , anger lacing in his eyes .

My eyes widened " oh no " I whispered .